1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another new v owner!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Sandtiger, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Sandtiger

Sandtiger New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Another new owner here! I purchased my 2014 Barcelona Red Prius v about two weeks ago and am really enjoying it! For the curious, the particulars are: Level 3 trim with dark gray fabric interior, carpet floor mats and connectivity package (thrown in free after a small protest), clear coat paint protection on front bumper (already come in handy) and “dealer interior/exterior treatment First Place Finish” (read – profit) and pinstripe (additional profit). Got them to throw in a rear bumper guard. Total, including dealer “closing fee” and sales tax - $27K even. I’m really not kicking the dealer too hard – I had good salesman who knew the car and spent all afternoon with me driving different models, including the liftback. Ultimately, the cargo room, level of comfort, technology and ride, combined with my desire to stay south of 30K led me to the Level 3 v. No pressure to buy extra warranties or other “insurance”.

I have been reading the information on optimum tire pressure and raised mine to 40/38. The dealer had the pressures at 34/32, which made for a soft “selling “ ride. I’d say I have about a 10% increase in road noise and bounce, but my MPG have increased from 44.5 to 48.0 in just a couple of hundred miles. I can really tell the difference with properly filled tires. Speaking of which, I have 3 bars of fuel left, gone 427 miles and averaging 48.0 so I’m hoping for about 450-475 on the first tank. In SC we have moderately poor road conditions (low gas tax = crummy roads). I have already had a rock “ding” on the lower front of the car (looks like a BB hit it, but no paint chip thanks to the clear coat) and a “pinhead “sized glass chip out of the windshield. Driving type is rural/suburban with stop lights every couple of miles and combination of mildly rolling hills and level patches. Speaking of “pinheads” our state legislature is considering a bill to add a “hybrid tax” of $60 per year to us “tree huggers” because we don’t contribute our fair share to the gas tax!! ($120 on the electrics!) Don’t get me started.

I have purchased the black Weathertech floor front floor liners (great product) from the Prius Chat Shop and have the “Shark Fin” antenna on order. Also have updated to the necessary roof hooks for my Inno kayak rack.

I have a floor liner for the back from my dearly departed 2000 Honda CRV that comes within 90% of fitting the Prius and will do for now. I also purchased a thick rubber floor mat (3x5) from Lowes for $30, which covers the back and seats well when they are folded down.

The CRV served me admirably for 230K miles and hauled scuba gear and tanks, full set of drums and construction supplies, among other things, but it was totaled in an accident that was not of my making. Interestingly, the “seats down” cargo capacity of the CRV and V are almost identical. The comfort level, gas mileage and advances in technology still blow me away everytime I touch the Prius v.

I look forward to learning a lot from you folks. The explanations of the many little things and the few big ones (like how to change your driving habits) have been invaluable.

Thanks a lot!
    [​IMG]

2. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My favorite Toyota color! Congrats and enjoy the drive.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat, all the best!(y)

4. CLUBGUY

CLUBGUY Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome....Now the mpg display arcade game begins... seems most investigate all the driving techniques that yield the highest mpg readings...
    Our last two rides were a "07 CRV then an '08 Town and Country... had ours for two years and 28k... it does provide a good balance of storage capacity and high mpg..

5. Sandtiger

Sandtiger New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Absolutely right! A new toy that has a reward for "good behavior!" Seriously though, I am very satisfied so far with the choice. Thanks to all for the welcome!