1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

another pickup truck encounter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JackDodge, Feb 2, 2006.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Would that be the card or the intelligence, sir? I want to have my report correct. ;)

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Some time ago I was driving my father on the freeway in the Prius. I was in the far right lane. To my right was a l-o-n-g turnoff lane for the next exit. To my left was a pickup. The front bumper of the truck was just about in line with my rear bumper. The pickup suddenly accelerated and shot in front of me, ending up in the turnoff lane. There was no other cars around. They could've just taken their foot of the gas for a second or so and then slip over.

My father asked me, "Why did they do that?" I answered, "What? Actually be behind a Prius?"

3. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I know about the south as I live in S FL. I actually work in a rural high school and many of the students wear confederate flag shirts, pin, hats, etc. to school. I don't usually tell people I'm from CT. I just say I've been in FL for a long time. Of course all our vehicles have FL plates, which helps. I would not be real comfortable in some of the deep south states even with FL plates.

4. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Sweet, another sportbike rider! What kind of bike do you have? I've got a 02 Yamaha YZF600R, going to a 06 R1

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Nice!

2001 ZX7R (pic. in profile)

ooof, '06 R1??? Niiiiiiiiiice....

Won't be too long before I'll be shopping for another one, and the R1 is a definite possibility...

Prius owners with sportbikes, not something you come across everyday....

:D

6. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Well, I'm still hunting down a 06 pkg. 5 or 6 Prius. I'm just waiting to sell my 600r first, then I'll get a R1. Right now I drive an Evo, pretty dam fun, but I haven't got a ticket yet. I hate getting harrased by the cops when I'm the Evo, or on the bike. Stereotyping! :angry:

7. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I drive a F250, and 130miles of tollway each day, commuting 5 days a week. I see it all..

The last two days, I've come behind a couple different vehicles in the left lane doing about 25mph underflow.

In this case, one was a minivan the other an older junker of a car. In both cases when I went around them, it seemed the pilot of the vehicle was not native to our land.... and apparently does not have a driver license, or just doesn't understand the system and somehow got past the DL exam.

It wouldn't matter if I was in a yugo, semi, or f250, there are just a lot of stupid people on the road. I'm not sure if they are just ignorant of what's going on and how things are supposed to work, or if they are just 'stupid' as in... doing it on purpose to be an a-hole to the rest of traffic.

I'd say these last two were the ignorant version of stupid which is just as dangerous as the stupid version of stupid.

To everyone: Don't be either....

My Prius is supposed to be here in the next 1 to 3 weeks.

8. andyman68

andyman68 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think we can generalize about mini-van drivers, SUV, or pick-up drivers.

Lets just say that when many people get behind the wheel (especially men), testosterone takes over and they have no control over their actions :)

Andy

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeah that's one bad thing- we still have wisconsin license plates.

we've heard an assortment of things from "go home you f***ing yankee" to indistinguishable drunken swearing shouted out the windows of various (larger) vehicles flying by us and/or trying to run us off the road. it's not as bad in the city, but you get 5 mi out of town and watch out.

and my mom says she'd proudly come down here and tell everyone that she's a yankee. i told her "you just don't get how bad it is. you learn to keep your mouth shut. and if you can't keep your mouth shut, please don't do it while i'm around."

10. JKnight

JKnight Member

11. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I tell you, luckily I live on Long Island so we don't have too many red necks to deal with . Just your typcial white trash which seem quite plentiful. My solution is quite simple, I drive with the flow and never seem to have any issues. Unfortunately I have noticed a trend lately which shows that the average speed on the highway is increasing. Most folks really don't know how to drive carefully so at 75 with the flow, I am a bit nervous to say the least. As much as I hate to admit it, going with the flow is safer than going slower than everyone around you.