1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Shorty Antenna Mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Daves09prius, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    [​IMG]

Ford Part Number BA8Z-18813-A
    I made the picture contrast really high so it is easier to see the difference in length. It's $19 with Free shipping on the ebay listing below. I've seen some as high as $32. I paid $24 with free shipping for mine.

I know it's not as cheap as the $4 Chrysler/Dodge antenna, but I think the Ford antenna looks better and more like the Toyota OEM, but shorter.

2. LoKey

LoKey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not bad! I have been looking into antenna mods lately myself. I saw someone else on here that did a shorter stubbier antenna. Still searching for that thread. I do like yours very much though as it is much cheaper than the sharkfin.

3. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can you take a pic of the entire car from the side with this installed?

4. Daves09prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I took some pictures, but the antenna is really hard to see. I live in southern Pennsylvania where it's really all wooded areas. I won't be near a parking garage or urban area where there will be a light colored background until congress reopens the Federal Government. Whenever that happens, I'll be happy to take some better side shots for you.

5. Daves09prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One