1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another wheel post...

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Loots, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Loots

Loots Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have been searching and searching for days on info fitting an 18x8.5 with the 35et offset on my '16 3 touring. Want to use a 215/40/18 for rubber. Car is not lowered (yet) but plan on using Megan coilovers. Will this wheel fit? Rubbing? Will I need to roll the fenders? Bought this car new in '16 and I've decided I'm tired of the factory look. Photos of the wheel I'm hoping to use and car they'd go on. Thank you for any help.

Attached Files:

#1 Loots, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  2. SergejMoor

SergejMoor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi...last week i fitted OZ Racing Rims (Hyper GT) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires on my 2016 model.

8x18 et45 with 225/40R18

Mine isnt lowered yet either.

In germany, we did not have the distinction between "3 touring", "4 touring", and so on....models, so I dont quite know the differences...but i dont think that it matters....

as you can see on the pictures, theres quite some space...you chose 215 but with et 35, might poke out a little i guess, but with some camber from the coilovers you should still be able to get the wheel under the arch, i guess?

important notice: in germany we have strict regulations regarding the fitment (and everything else), but the one i have is allowed even without a special "appointment" at the "TÜV", so that means 225/40R18 on 8x18 et45 is "pretty safe" on oem springs and dampers...hope that helps you

Attached Files:

krmcg and epon like this.