1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Wood Trim Job

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tom_06, Sep 7, 2006.

1. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Check your bottle of isopropyl rubbing alcohol. A 70% solution has 30% of something else, usually Lanolin, it's mixed in to replace the oil the alcohol has removed from your skin. That's why it's called "Rubbing Alcohol" That "Mold Release Agent was probably the Lanolin, which is a oil, which would not help promote good "Sticktion" of the adhesive

You should be using 99.9% isopropyl alcohol.

Nice job by the way. I like how you used the wood to seperate areas on the dash. The only pieces that I would use that you did not are around the MFD. I plan to duplicate you efforts. Did you place ALL the pieces in the car and come to a wood overload conclusion?

I went to the Site you used, the kit is on sale now for $165 Not a bad price!!!

Well Done!!

2. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Spectra Blue '09 with the dark fabric option. Which trim option do you think would look good on the interior? I like the way the OP did it, he didn't overdo it by using all the pieces and it looks really nice.

3. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i prefer real carbon fiber with the dark interior

4. Skyhook

Skyhook Aussie Expat Abroad

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anybody know of a supplier, that sells wood timber kits for our early 2004 build Right Hand Drive, Prius ?
    19062010733 small.jpg

Also, the Power on/off switch on our version, is located under the drivers side air vent. After looking at TOM 06's trim kit, I have decided that I want mine to look exactly like his, with light sycamore burl trims, configured the same way as his. See photos below.

Prius wood trim.jpg wood_doors.jpg

Any leads would be greatly appreciated :)

5. Chippy01

Chippy01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Try E-Bay - I put 'Prius Wood Kit' into my search, using ebay.ie (Ireland)

The supplier that was on the results page is based in the UK and for right hand drive vehicles.
    I tried to post a link, but I don't have enough post to do that yet. Happy hunting

6. Skyhook

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for that Chippy, I have been looking on Ebay also, but not having much luck there, either.

That seller on ebay doesnt list a website or contact details, and I don't feel like setting up an ebay account just for that purpose.

I might try a few of the car/auto accessory shops here in Sham Shui Po / Mong Kok, out here in Hong Kong, until a supplier appears that has the same spec configuration kit that fits our Prius, in Sycamore/light burl.

It's annoying, because I am chomping at the bit, to get the wood kit fitted, having fitted an ipod connection to the factory audio unit, window tint, alloy's and a pair of after market LED tail lights, which makes the Prius look very smick, indeed...

After I have done the wood trim kit the way TOM_06 has, my work will be done :).

Thanks for your post though....

7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It got warm enough, I got amitious enough, I now have my Rosewood Dash kit installed.

[​IMG]

It turned out PERFECT!!!!
    I did not use all the pieces, but this way it's subtle and not too WOODY!
    I aso added a MFD Hood from the Prius Chat shop.
    What an improvement!!

2 people like this.
  8. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  9. Skyhook

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just want to bump this thread again. I am looking to buy wood trim interior pieces for my right hand drive JDM spec Gen II Prius ? I'd prefer a JDM supplier located in Tokyo if possible as we travel there a few times a year, if anybody can hook me up with Tokyo based retailer, I'd be pretty appreciative .... Any ideas ?

Thanks again

Sky