1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Answer to Prius 12v battery problems?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by seasalsa, Apr 8, 2008.

1. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has anyone tried the PriorityStart? Can this be an answer to the dead 12v battery problem?

PriorityStart - Stop Dead Batteries on Cars & Boats [Priority Start! Battery Protector]

The cost is around $90 from the manufacturer but they are available for less than $40 on sale. Not a bad price if the will work on the Prius.

I have no interest in this company, I just ran across it in an AutoSport sale catalog.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It doesn't look like the automatic reconnect feature will work with the Prius. It looks for a load on the system to cause it to reconnect the battery, but that will only work with simple mechanical switches. Most of the Prius electrical system is controlled through electronic controllers. You might be able to work around it, but I wouldn't expect it to work right out of the box.

Tom

3. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sounds like crap.

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    +1
    The answer to a weak 12 volt battery in a 4 or 5 year old car or if the battery has been mistreated by allowing it to run flat several times is to replace the battery with a new one and send the old battery to the recyclers.

It's no secret.