1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Antenna stolen -- replacement options (hands-free vs. not)??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by affekk, Jun 23, 2015.

1. affekk

affekk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I noticed the other day that the mast portion of my antenna was missing, presumably stolen. As I have searched for a replacement part, I have found a few websites listing two different types of antennas---with significantly different prices. One specifies it is for a hands-free phone option (the more expensive version) and one specifies it is without the hands-free phone option. Most websites, (including some items on ebay and amazon) don't specify which type at all, or even acknowledge that this difference exists.

Does anyone have any input on this? Will getting the less expensive type affect my ability to use my bluetooth phone? I have noticed my phone disconnecting from the car bluetooth a bit more frequently, but it doesn't happen often. Currently, of course, I have no antenna at all and have not noticed a problem using my phone for bluetooth calls and audio streaming. Any input would be appreciated.

(I also considered a shark antenna, but I have the solar roof option, so this seemed to not be advisable.)

Thanks!

Kris

2. dhanson865

dhanson865 Expert and Devil's advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Many here have installed shark fin antennas. Maybe someone will be willing to send you their mast that's laying around somewhere to you? :)

Maybe put a Wanted ad in the Marketplace Personal Sales forum?

4. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you're looking to just replace it with a stock one, you could have mine.

Let me know.

ftl, affekk and xliderider like this.
  5. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There shouldn't be a difference in the antenna. It has no effect on Bluetooth as BT is for short range devices. If someone stole my antenna, I wouldn't notice either. I also stream audio through BT. I wouldn't bother replacing it.

6. affekk

affekk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Burna J: I'm just looking to replace it with OEM or something as close to that as possible -- nothing fancy. I would totally take you up on that if you are offering!

Can I PM you with a shipping address? Then you can let me know your costs for packaging, shipping, etc.

I've been lurking and reading this forum for years and have never had to post before because someone else had already asked and answered any question that I had. Glad to have such a great experience first-hand this time.

Burna J likes this.
  7. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Excellent.... Just PM your address and I'll drop it in the mail. (y)