1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anticipating the great 2020 COVID19 “die off”...NON Political

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Georgina Rudkus, Apr 20, 2020.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lol.....another thread lost to FHOP_P

2. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes. And being equipped and ready to move is a good thing to plan for, esp if you live in an urban area. You can go a long way on a tank of gas with a Prius...

...Which reminds me - I need to replace my bicycle.

IMG_0874id.jpg

Georgina Rudkus likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

In particular starting at 7:15. Even more particular: 9:00

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Again, I would say your continued advancement of the idea that it's about choice to participate is incorrect. It's a global pandemic, the virus is out there. We're ALL participating in that reality.
    Plus sure, "Good Planning is part of personal responsibility" BUT...as far as a statement for the masses, it's not an answer to where they are today.
    I would venture to say for the majority of our population, maybe the worlds population, very few people saw this coming, saw these type of challenges. Most people are surviving paycheck to paycheck, raising families, "planning" becomes making the next rent, planning the next birthday party. Unless you were a doomsday preppper, or a survivalist, I don't think it's fair once again to define reaction to this those that chose to plan wisely vs. those that didn't.

This is all fine, great for you as individuals. I mean this sincerly.
    As long as you realize that it's not something everyone can do. A lot of people do NOT have sizeable savings allowing for relative luxury of being to self-isolate to the maximum.
    A lot of people don't have jobs that allow them to adapt them to work at home. And trust me, For those of you enjoying working at home, you still want your garbage picked up. When you need to get groceries, you want that employee stocking the shelves, and standing at the register. And all those sometimes friends, relatives and neighbors, are at higher risk for infection.

So again, when we are talking "reaction" to the Covid-19 virus, I think it has to be about what is the best way to proceed and the best choices to make, for the entire populations of sometimes cities, counties, states and the nation.
    And this is much more complex, then simply saying we should all be working from home, and or should of planned better so we could all live off our savings.

It has to be choices based on minimizing risk according to medical science, and yes, it has to be choices that people can accept from economic standpoint, and yes, as a result of this crisis I personally believe we need to find ways to aid those that may be struggling with that reality. Is that political? Probably-Yes, but it's real, and part of the WHOLE picture of how to best react this crisis.

#44 The Electric Me, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020