1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any carista users on gen 4?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 4thgen1st, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Oversplode

Oversplode Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I went ahead and ordered one as well. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to turn of the constant beeping while backing up!

iPhone ?

krmcg likes this.
  2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That is one of the items that I did not change. Turned off the passenger seat belt (the dog sits there mostly) but kept the driver warning on too.

Anastaceyrose and JohnF like this.
  3. SpiniSpipi

SpiniSpipi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Mine arrived today. It's a simple plug-and-play, literally. Everything works fine except I really wish they would also have "close all windows over long press on remote".

krmcg likes this.
  4. twonuts

twonuts 2016 Prius Four w/ Adv Tech Pckg & Prem.Conv Opts.

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ordered mine the other day. Have been using the USB Elm5 connected to my laptop to make the changes to my other two Prii. I thought that the wireless to phone option seemed to be a more contemporary way to go for the 2016 model.

krmcg likes this.
  5. Jim in NC

Jim in NC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just got mine the other day and changed my pet peeve [backup beeper] and other settings last night. Very nice! :)

I agree with you that I'd like to have a 'close all windows with remote', but that is never going to happen.
    I found out that other manufacturers (like Honda) won't allow it either.
    Think about the legal liabilities involved. If you were out of sight of the car and closed the windows and moonroof while a child or pet had their arm or head in harm's way, it could be tragic. I totally understand their reluctance to allow this.

Valiant V and SpiniSpipi like this.
  6. SpiniSpipi

SpiniSpipi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Interesting, I have never thought of it that way. I totally agree that it would cause potential harm that way. Guess I'll have to stick with pulling out keys everytime a friend forgets to close the window.

7. krmcg

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not that I have tried, but the car has a fail-safe that reverses the window if it hits an obstruction.

Valiant V and SpiniSpipi like this.
  8. twonuts

twonuts 2016 Prius Four w/ Adv Tech Pckg & Prem.Conv Opts.

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Programmed the reverse alarm to just one beep. Turned off the seat belt warning chime and allowed my remote to open all windows and sunroof. Carista allows for close of all windows and sunroof via wireless remote in some manufacturers vehicles. I can't remember if it was Volkswagen, but it was an option on one the vehicles. For the Prius, you have to hold the remote button the entire time while you are opening the windows and sunroof. Same process if you are using the key to open or close all the windows and sunroof. It was well worth the money just to turn off the reverse alarm.

9. Frederickdawg

Frederickdawg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Doesn't the vehicle after X miles at X speed self learn the new tpms sensors readings ?

Also, aren't any of those listed options user configurable via the Prius itself ?

LG-H901 ?

10. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nope. As I understand it a new set must be registered by the dealer, at least until Carista comes up with revisions that will enable their setup to do it. As far as I know the Prius's software lacks learning capabilities.

Doubtful. If it were possible, a complex series of button pushes and menu selections would probably be involved.

11. Frederickdawg

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Fair enough, just most my last vehicles , one would could make at least some of those changes via the head unit of the vehicle. Beep on unlock, unlock all doors, door unlock in park, door auto lock in D, auto headlight sensitivity amongst other things.

LG-H901 ?

12. I'mJp

I'mJp Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Three
    Do you have the codes for gen 4 trim 4 for the new lion battery ? I'm interested in the charge level, and the most downstream (hottest) temperature sensor. I would be using the torque app instead. None of the gen 3 battery query / infos seam to work for gen 4.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Sorry, no. Check the PiP codes?

Bob Wilson

14. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Today I got an email from Carista that I could try the beta version which supports TPMS. You download it via another app TestFlight, which seemed a bit buggy, but I eventually got the beta of Carista installed. It has a "Tools" section and in that is the TPMS section, which looks OK. It read the codes of my current TPMS modules. You get slots to enter the serial codes of other TPMS modules. Unfortunately I don't have a second set of wheels with TPMS to test it on because I am waiting until fall to get wheels for my snow tires.

One odd feature of their setup is that you get to use the beta for only 4 days. I don't know what happens then. Hopefully I will get my paid-for current version back! You'd think that if you owned the current version they'd let you use the beta indefinitely.

15. icbibafp

icbibafp New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I traded a '13 Fusion on my P4, all Fusions 13+ allow opening AND closing all windows/roof from the remote. They all have pinch protection that stops and backs off a bit if an obstacle is detected. It was one of my favorite features and I'm glad to know I can at least open them although the Fusion opened the windows completely without holding the button, but only raised the roof vent.

16. Frederickdawg

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hopefully Carista will update the software so that we can make even more changes to the Prius generation 4.

LG-H901 ?

17. Caniac

Caniac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You all inspired me to order the obd thing from Carista today. I just want to stop some beeps and play with stuff.

JohnF likes this.
  18. krmcg

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's a nice toy.

19. BayAreaGuy

BayAreaGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I believe that it is just bad terminology and that it should be NEAR and FAR. I changed the front sensor from the default value of WIDE to NARROW and now it seems that I can get closer to an object before it starts to beep at me.

Frederickdawg likes this.
  20. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I figure it will be really handy if we ever again get enough snow in NH and ME to go XC skiing. Later this fall I plan to get a set of steel wheels with TPMS and have my snow tires (left over from my Gen 3) mounted on them. Then I can put them on whenever I need snows and use Carista to register their TPMS sensors to the car, all without having to go to the tire store and/or my Toyota dealer. And take them off when I'm back if there is no snow here. Then I don't have to suffer the snow tires' 10 MPG "hit" all winter long!