1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any cause for concern in buying new Prius sitting 4 months outside on dealer lot.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by marblue, Feb 20, 2010.

1. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I would not worry about it AT ALL. Don't even worry about the battery.

After I bought my Prius V with the AT package, I saw the dealer invoice and the window sticker, my Dealer "Toyota of Braintree" didn't even order the car, it was a swap from a New Hampshire Toyota dealer... I bought the car in the 3rd week in January, the invoice had the car arriving October 15th, 2009, so it had been sitting around for over 3 months. My dealer had over 50 Priu in their inventory (they are a very very large Toyota dealer), but ony 2 V's, and they where both Blue Ribbon, but only the one I bought had the ATP (Advanced Technology Package). The jist of all of this is, not many want to spend $33,600 for a top end Prius, so they have to wait for the buyer who wants all of the bells and whistles, and they are far and few between in this economy.

My advice to you, is, if you are getting a nice discount, and it's the car you want, just buy it, there are not many V's out there, and if you "order" one, it could take 4-5 months or longer, especially since they are likely going to slow down production.

Mitch

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    "Reputable" & "dealership" often enough can't be used in the same sentence. Things happen. We've given advice on things to look for and to get them fixed before dropping some cash. For example, if you find a scratch at home you'll probably have a bugger of a time getting another dealer to cover it under warranty since you drove the car 250 miles. Stuff happens. My V-AT was traded up from MD. The lot boy chipped the hatch removing the other dealer's sticker. Of course the dealer's employees didn't see it. That cost them $300+ & a few days as I wasn't paying for the car until I saw the repair.

While on the lot have the dealer register your car with Safety Connect. Take a pump with you. The tires are rated at 51psi. IMO the tires are underinflated at Toyota's specs.