1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any cheap cat replacement?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gaby03, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Gaby03

Gaby03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello, I'm new here but have been using a lot of the treads here to learn more about my car. A 04 Prius.

Got it about a week ago but dint realize it had no cat converter since the previous owner welded what a presume is a 2inch pipe where the og cat should be. I only realized it was missing when i lifted the car up to work on the o2 sensor and realized that was welded into a pipe... Anyways I don't want to end up paying 1500 for a new one at the dealer. And I've seen a couple replacement cats on eBay and rockauto but I'm unaware if these will work properly with the car...

I would post the link but i must wait a day n post to make it according to the forums rules... tho below i leave some screenshots

If anyone can give a word of advice that would splendid.

Attached Files:

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You might look into the 130usd ebay offering shipped from canada. Do an advanced search for catalytic posts by @TMR-JWAP

Be sure to get the OEM sensors (or Denso), and if you experiment with cheaper options, please post your success in this thread.

Gaby03 likes this.
  3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  4. Gaby03

Gaby03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    One

In the coming months ill order the parts and post results here. Thank you for the info!

SFO likes this.