1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any front seat cover recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Max Cold, May 8, 2012.

1. Max Cold

Max Cold New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To fix the poor comfort and back support of the generation two Prius seat, I cut temperapedic style mattress topper foam and laid it on top of my seats and put an extra piece for lumbar support. It was a nice cheap solution for now and I can keep changing it around.
    now I am having trouble finding a halfway decent seat cover to put over it .
    I have the light tan interior and could not find any good seat covers that also were side airbag compatible in the local AutoZone type stores around me. Does anyone have any recommendations for good seat covers that won't break the bank (i.e. under $100) that matches the light tan? And does not look completely ridiculous.?
    On a side note to fix the problem of being a tall guy not being able to lower the seat: I took off the sun visor on the driver side which gave me more viewing room out of the front window. I haven't really missed it. If the sun is coming in low I just sit up in the seat and the curve of the roof right before the Windows starts blocks the sun. Not a perfect solution but an easy one. I haven't read anyone else doing it so I thought someone might be interested.

2. tdelker

tdelker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ordered these for $70, and I can't really complain. I needed something to keep the kids from spilling things all over the back seat, but I also have them on the front seat. They aint leather, but the do what I need them to do. They fit well and aren't annoying, other than the head rests that I need to 'tack' in a few places to make them look decent, but I haven't done that yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IOD7C2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

FH-PU007115 Deluxe Leatherette Car Seat Covers, Airbag compatible and Rear Split, Beige color

1 person likes this.
  3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless you actually spend the money on waterproof Wet Okole's which are very expensive, any spills will make it through the seat cover and onto the actual seats, and eventually lead to permanent or extremely difficult-to-remove stains. I'm not sure why most of the cheaper and moderately priced seat covers don't have a vinyl backing to make them waterproof.

4. tdelker

tdelker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They are advertised as waterproof, and appear to be as far as I can tell.

5. akm3

akm3 First time Lebowski'er

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wouldn't a seat cover be dangerous in a car like the prius which I believe has in-seat airbags (right?)

6. tdelker

tdelker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They are air bag compatible (see ad). Special stitching that allows it to rip.

7. jackvmh

jackvmh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

8. jackvmh

jackvmh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just wondering what you might have done with the sun visor you removed. We need one for our 04 Prius and would love to buy yours if it's available and not floppy like ours! Please reply to [email protected]