1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Gen 4 owners have Clazzio seat covers?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by TinyTim, Jun 8, 2017.

1. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I picked up Clazzio seat covers in black for my 2017 Prius 2. I mentioned in previous posts that I would eventually add Clazzio seat covers. My other bucket list was getting my hub caps removed and putting on center caps.

I have installed just the drivers seat so far. That took me about an hour and 15 minutes. With all the adjusting this is going to be quite time consuming. Just looking for feedback from Gen 4 owners with regards to after market seat covers.

Most of what I have read regarding Clazzio seat covers comes from Gen 3 owners. I have no seen any Gen 4 owners with Clazzio seat covers here yet.

2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Clazzio seat covers are the best for Prius. However, it took me over 8 hours and my wrists, hands and fingers were sore and cramped afterwards. Of course, after the grueling experience, I found out it is better to lay out all the parts in the sun to "soften" the material, thus making it easier to slide over the seats. I have attached some pictures:

Attached Files:

RCO and Ajourney101 like this.
  3. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I watched a couple of tutorial videos from Clazzio so getting the seat covers on was not very difficult. It's the adjusting part and getting the belts conneced without disturbing the fancy electronics under the seat. I take my time when doing this type of work. I have found great humor in reading on forums the pain people have gone through hours of putting these seat covers on.

4. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your set up is most likely different from mine. The instructions for mine showed one how to install without harming any of the electronics under and around the seats. Yes, mine would have been one for a comedy. Happy with the results though. When people see my interior, they really like it. I went a little crazy with the wood look interior. Did that before the seats.

Attached Files:

5. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the rear seat out. I used a flashlight and it has metal hooks under the seat and not plastic clips. Similar to the metal anchors at the back of the seat. I don't want to break the seat. Is there anybody who has a Gen 4 Prius that has removed the back seat? The Gen 3 and Gen 4 are completely different beasts. I have found nothing on the web showing how to remove the back seat. Is there a button on the gen4 to release the rear seat?

Any help would be appreciated.

6. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know, but this question was asked recently, though I'm not sure why. I seem to remember someone replied with the answer - maybe a search on PriusChat.

Try this one - "Need guide how to remove back seat 4 touring?"

7. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Rear Seat Removal for Car Cover Installation, Gen 4 2016 Model | PriusChat

This forum member got nada for help with the same question on his 2016 Prius.

8. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  9. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It has been a while since I updated this thread. Here are images of my finished product.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

shadow4478 likes this.
  10. shadow4478

shadow4478 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It looks very good, does it stay put or do you need to keep adjusting it ?
    How's the leather quality ?

TinyTim likes this.
  11. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The Clazzio seat covers for the Gen 4 Prius are truly custom fit meaning a very tight fit. So there is no need for adjustment after you have them installed correctly. The frustration factor is par for the course when installing these. Notice the center armrest and how even and close to perfect it appears. That took me at least 2 hours to do.

Once a week I look at the seats and make adjustments from time to time. The seat covers are stationary and require no adjustments but it's a matter of principle and what is known as narcissistic perfection. The camera is not kind to sloppy installs and even can make good installs look bad. With that said I have seen some good work on installs by forum members on the Gen 4 models. I completely understand why people get sloppy with their installation of these seat covers. Putting these in is not for the feint of heart.

I am sure the return rates on these covers are quite high on these seat covers because of the difficulty installing them on the gen 4 model. They do look very good in person. The material is PVC according to the description but basically a form of synthetic leather. The materials are quite good and they use what seems to be memory foam and everything is double stitched. People think the seats are leather.

You have to be totally committed to a very long and difficult install. If anybody undertakes the difficult task of installing Clazzio seat covers on a Gen 4 Prius. I will be here to give advice or tips to anybody on Prius Chat.