1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any generous Prius chat members NEAR AZUSA with tech stream to read codes for a new Prius owner?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roccobro, May 1, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Roccobro

Roccobro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    **Azusa CA***
    Hi guys! Friend of a friend of a friend is having an issue with his 2007 prius. He got code from AutoZone C1377 and C1310 but doesn't know anybody or any reliable shops in his area to get the sub codes or the Sub sub numbers. Instead of him driving 2 hours in limp mode, I'm looking for any suggestions to give him. Closer shops or friendly member to read with tech stream.

Thanks!
    Justin

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh, you mean the town in California.

There's a member here with a forum name like that, who I hope doesn't need somebody else to read codes. :)

3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Im here...and no I have my own but to the OP, tell your friend he can disconnect the 12v for 5 minutes and it may make it home without throwing another code.

Also Azusa is a City not a Town.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I never know when something is a ship or a boat, either. Or a canoe.

5. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it isn't too far from Azusa to Toyota of Glendora or Envision Toyota of West Covina, and just a little bit further to Longo Toyota. They will all charge a fair amount to read the codes and diagnose, but of course can do so. Member JC91006 likes Armstrong Auto services on Garvey in Rosemead. I have not been to that shop yet so cannot offer a second opinion. The owners apparently own one or more Prius models and so probably have the tools to pull codes. Your friend could always call them and find out. It's an independent shop, it would pretty much have to be cheaper than any of the Toyota dealers.

SFO likes this.
  6. Roccobro

Roccobro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thank you everyone! I'll pass all this along to him. He's a big boy, he can take it from here.

Thanks again!
    Justin