1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Home Audio Enthusiasts? Active Sub to Amp connection issue?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Bronze84, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Bronze84

Bronze84 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Right, bit random but...

I have a Pioneer A300 X Amplifier that I want to hook up to some Eltax Millennium Power Tower Speakers.

Here is a pic of the amp inputs:

[​IMG]

The problem I have is that the speakers have a built in active sub with an RCA input, however as you can see my amp doesn't have a sub out or anything. I am using the line in for my iPod.

How can I connect an RCA lead to the sub from the amp? The mid drivers and tweeters are bi-wired to the amp with banana plugs if this helps

Would really appreciate some help

Cheers

JMD likes this.
  2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does your sub have a Left / Right input? If so, you could take the full range out from the tape monitor rec out. Hopefully your active sub system has a low pass input, other wise it will amplify all the frequency's!
    If you only have a single input, and you "Y" cord the tape outs you will have Phase Cancellation, which sucks, the only other option, other than spending some money, is just feed one channel only.
    Just had a thought, do you actually have 2 active subs, one in the left spkr, and one in the right?
    If so just feed L rec out to L spkr, Right Rec out to the Right spkr!

If you want to upgrade, my wife gave one of these to me for XMAS!
    Amazon.com: Sony STRDN1030 Wi-Fi Network A/V Receiver: Electronics
    Sweet!

3. Bronze84

Bronze84 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No it has a single RCA input. The speakers have a manual low pass filter controller and gain control. They also have a phase switch, it can be either 0 or 180?????