1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any interest in adj illuminated s/w buttons??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BT Tech, Jan 14, 2006.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If the bulbs/LEDs do burn out eventually after the upgrade, the loss would be limited. When I need to look, I spend way too much time doing it since the dimmness hinders the looking. When I frequently forget the feel of the button I really wanted, I still end up looking for the correct button plus the one to undo what I did wrong. If they burn out and it becomes touch-only, perhaps I'd do better with practice, but while looking still works my touch-memory suffers.

If I could get a mod for a permanent 100% boost from the current brightness for $20, I'd take one. I guess the old story once posted that a dealer could adjust the brightness with a special controller was bogus?...

2. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello everyone.. I want to update you on my progress or lack of progress with this project. I ordered a quantity of a custom breakout connector for use with the stock wiring harness but the company I ordered it from did not assemble them to my specs. I am currently in the process of getting this corrected. Part of the problem I am having is that these companies I am dealing with are located in Japan and there is often a language "issue" that I have to deal with.

I wish I had more time to devote to this but I have been working on it the little spare time that I have. As soon as I receive the breakout cables I should be able to test this and shortly thereafter offer a kit with complete instructions.

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Brian, No Sweat!

Take your time and get it right; you're far from going "Coastal"

Also, Great review of your stiffening plate in a different topic. I visited your website over the weekend and now appreciate that selling Prius stuff is really a labor of Love, versus your regular business.

Thanks,

4. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I might be interested in this also, although I dont have a prius for another week or two, but once I get mine, Ill have to see how the illumination is on the wehhl, and then it would have to be cheat $50 or less and uber simple... I know noting about cars and still use the terms "plus" and "minus" when refering to different types of screwdrivers...

5. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I too would be interested in a mod to increase the brightness of the s/w lights. It would be good if they were adjustable using the dashboard dimmer dial, but I also wouldn't mind if was a set and forget type adjustment where you had to set a potentiometer during installation.

I have another mod suggestion. I would like a way to put the MFD and speedometer into daylight mode without turning the dashboard dimmer to full bright. I don't mind turning it up during the day and then back down at night, but it would be better to set the brightness for nightime use and just have a switch to turn the daylight mode on and off.