1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any more Premier A/S feedback?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by VicVinegar, May 9, 2015.

1. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Another tire thread!

PC is rather quiet on feedback with the Michelin Premier A/S tire. Wonder if any lurkers are running it and what their thoughts are. Especially on 15" wheels.

Apparently my driving style and driving conditions don't lend to max fuel economy already, so I'm already used to not meeting expectations in that department. I also suspect since I am not anywhere near a hypermiler, that I won't see a significant difference between the Ecopias I have and whatever Michelin replacement I choose. My heavy foot is a much bigger impediment than rolling resistance at this point.

I do deal with mid-Atlantic winters though, and often unknown winter driving conditions (ice, slush, snow) with a long commute in the early AM, so I'd rather have a solid overall performer all-season including wet and winter weather than maximum fuel economy. So with that said, I've basically ruled out the Energy Saver (plus Costco has seemed to stop carrying it at the moment) and am considering the Defender or Premier. I have no interest in the Ecopias again. They were never that great a performer in my book and have become down right scary in the wet with 3-4/32s left at ~40k miles.

2. Jim T

Jim T Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I recently posted on the Premier's in another thread - note that they are not on my Prius, but are on a VW Passat in the same 15 inch size. Bottom line based on my research and experience I highly recommend them and plan to get them on the Prius when due for replacement:

#2 Jim T, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  3. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I like my Premiers for handling and wet road performance. Just experienced driving thru a terrible hail/rain storm without any issues. However, I've taken a significant hit on average MPG, maybe around 6 mpg, so keep that in mind. I can hit 54 mpg in 60 mph cruising on flat road, but around town is where I really see an mpg hit. I have mine at 40 front/38 rear.