Any New Tire Recommendations? Prius v Five

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by prevee5, Feb 10, 2019.

1. prevee5

prevee5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There have been many super helpful threads over the years regarding new tires.

Just wondering if there are any new recommendations for the v out there. Most are a couple years old or so.

Specifically for the model 5 that have the 215/45R17 size tires.

I currently have the Michelin Premiere A/S tires and have had no complaints. Now at about 55,000 miles with very even treadwear with rotations done every 10K or so. Not yet at the wear bars but probably within 5K miles remaining.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!!

FYI I have a 2012 v Model 5 with about 95000 miles. Got about 40000 on the OEM Toyo’s.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We went with Continental PureContact 225/50R17 98V, which solved the speedo error and are delivering same mileage as the OEM TOYOs. These have a “rim saving” protruding bead, too. Hard to curb alloys with these, and they handle late-appearing potholes well. Car tracks like it is on rails.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Sidewalk Supervisor

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe just get another set of Premiers, sounds like they've done good for you. I went with Primacy MXM4 (have yet to put them on, using snow tires right now) but was on the fence, considered the Premiers too.