1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any one else admit they've seen a UFO?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JSH, Apr 22, 2009.

1. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    First let's be very clear, I'm not talking about little green men that come to do strange sexual experiments on you. I'm talking about a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) or something in the sky that you can't explain.

My Experience:
    I was 16 and fishing on a small lake in northern Michigan. It was about 23:00 and the fish weren't biting so I decided to lie down on the front deck of my boat and look at the sky. This was nothing new, I night fished almost every weekend between Memorial Day and Labor Day and was quite interested in astronomy. It was great to get out away from the city into a dark night sky.

After watch the sky for a while I noticed what looked like a satellite crossing the sky. Suddenly the "satellite" stopped for about 2-3 seconds then in a blink of an eye disappeared over the horizon in a direction 90 degrees from the original path. VERY VERY weird.

So anyone else willing to share weird stuff they've seen in the sky?

2. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Once piloting myself...

And twice when on the ground looking up...

When I was flying I believed I saw a pencil shaped object moving between some clouds above and to port... I wasn't alone in the front of the 172 so Jackie saw the same thing... we wrote it off to refraction later... but we both thought it was moving and climbing before it disappeared. I logged it as an unknown object... we were VFR so we didn't call anything into anybody... we used to joke about it a bit with the wives... they always thought we were just messing with them.

When on the ground the first time I was a young fella returning from cutting firewood we were going to sell up in Tahoe on the deuce & a half truck with the Wallace family outside of Buena Vista (my third weekly job as a high schooler) and we saw a bright flash of light in the sky and what looked like a speckled jelly bean (even though I had never seen a speckled jelly bean before)... it also appeared to move before it disappeared...Ron and his sisters believed it was a meteor, but I didn't hear any sound, and there wasn't a trail in the sky... there was no alcohol involved.

And the last time on the ground we were partying on Belton Lake... about 2 dozen of us having a swim BBQ in the fine Texas sunshine... there was an amount of alcohol consumed, including yours truly, but we did see a strange maneuvering aircraft... real hard 90+ degree turns, some looked like right angles... and we all agreed it was well off the ground, maybe 3000 to 5000 agl, and well below other air traffic... and then after about a half a minute it went up out of sight. We laughed it off as something the military was using to spy on us, and had another drink... some of us had just officially got back from Panama and British Honduras, unpublished intel work...

No cameras were available to take photos...

Each of them may well be explainable to natural or other known reasons... they were just unexplained to me at the time, and I haven't really had the sightings debunked because... well... who wants to be known as someone that sees aliens...

I already had a hard enough time trying to explain why I believe in ghosts and spirits...

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Why, oh why, does that NEVER happen to me??

As far as UFO's, if there really are hyper-advanced civilizations out there in the universe, who would have very likely intercepted our approximately 90 years of broadcasts by now, and they have seen our little habit of nasty violence .... no doubt they would have vaporized us a *long* time ago

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not a UFO. A very IFO (identified).

Friend and I were night fishing at a lake in the Hoosier National Forest. The lake was created with an earthen damn and we were sitting on it. Like many man-made lakes, it's longer than wide and we had miles of glass-like reflections of stars in front of us. Very peaceful, very quiet.

Over the far hill and trees - miles away - a few lights popped up and seemed to be nearing. In silence and at low altitude the lights got closer and closer until we started hearing the distant rumble of a fighter jet. The thing was nearly on top of us before we realized what it was. After maintaining a steady course for most of the length of the lake, it quickly nosed up, revved and shot away. A second later, the sound caught up and washed over us. Needless to say, we were terrified and no idea what had just happened. I mean, we knew what happened but we didn't understand it.

We later found out that the Civil Engineers who constructed the earthen damn had buried radar beacons. The Naval base uses them for simulated target practice.

5. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    One time when I was about 14 I out camping with my family and a friend. It was pretty late and my buddy and I were the only ones awake looking at the stars. All of a sudden one "star" started moving across the sky in a big C shape. Then it stopped and looked just like all the other stars in the sky. We both saw it and both thought it was weird.

6. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Once when I was flying also. When i was in my late teens I was flying toward Hartford, Ct. I thought I saw a UFO till I got close enough and it said Goodyear! ROFLMAO

7. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I see UFOs every day after about my fifth.....

Oh, sorry, that was for Dr. Phil.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I cannot tell one kind of bird from another. Therefore nearly every bird I see is unidentified. Yep, I see UFOs nearly every day.

Those broadcasts have only reached 90 light-years from Earth. If the nearest of those civilizations that gives a hoot is 45 light years from us and immediately directed a laser vaporizer ray at us, it won't reach us for another 5 or 10 minutes.

While on the dive boat at St. Croix about a week and a half ago, we saw the space station go over. It appeared "out of nowhere" when already 15 or 20 degrees above the horizon (below that it was still in the shadow of the Earth) and faded out rather suddenly when more or less overhead (for the same reason.) It would have been unidentified except that someone on the boat had alerted us ahead of time and urged us all to go up to the sun deck to watch it.

9. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I'll bite!

Back in the early 70's when there were being seen a lot of ufo's, it was about 10:00 pm. I was living out in the country then and night sky was more visible.
    I noticed 3 stars? in a triangle formation, being very bright, brighter than the other stars, so I watched a while. After about 20 minutes, the top star? moved in a 90 degree pattern to a point higher in the sky and remained there. The lower to the right star? moved to the right---and moved slowly all the way across the sky and went out of sight behind the mountains. The 3rd star? in the lower left position, started moving to the left across the sky and then disappeared, leaving a flame trail.

Of course, no one ever believes me....and I was straight, too!

10. Froley1

Froley1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I live in Roswell New Mexico
    the crash site has, for lack of a better term a very strange vibe to it...
    my wife refuses to return there....
    regards
    Froley

11. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, ammOBob?
    Is that Pigeon Point Lighthouse that's pictured in your avitar? If it isn't, it sure looks like it. I was just there for the 3rd time a week ago, whale watching from the decks built in the back on the rocks. Please, let me know if it isn't.
    :rockon:

12. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Yes it is... about a half hour north of Santa Cruz... I used to surf round those parts when I was a bit younger... well, I surfed up and down the Cali coast, that just happens to be a pretty spot.

Fabulous places not too far away... locals were mostly nice... and the Police were intolerable...

The wife took the picture for me after we had driven up from having lunch at the Shoreline Restaurant I think it was...

No UFOs were seen on that trip...

13. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Never have seen one, but I've seen so many shows where so many people--cops, pilots, military, etc.--have see them, it's hard to dispute their existence.

A lot of them were seen in the Southwest during the nuclear bomb tests in the late 40s, early 50s. Also near military bases. Maybe they are just keeping an eye on us, making sure we don't blow the planet up. They have probably been through this before, since they would be far more advanced than us.

14. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes. Twice.
    My father also, separately from me.

15. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Assuming the existence of incredibly advanced aliens, who are not at all sinister, they probably could care less if we blew up our planet. They were probably concerned we might blow up *other* planets, so they kept their Planet Vaporizing Gun warmed up, just in case

16. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, no way! I never seen em okay, never. Now go away and stop asking about it please, I never saw nuthin.

Why does my bum hurt?

But seriously, interesting to read other peoples encounters of the first kind but no I really can't say I have seen any actual UFOs.
    Personally although I would have trouble believing UFOs are really flying around, that is around earth but from others planets in others solar systems, I'd have more trouble believing in ghosts or gods.

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So you think that you can believe what you see on TV?

More likely they're the ones encouraging us to exterminate ourselves, so they can take over the real estate.

18. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hell, I don't know about the rest of you, but I see UFO's, ( Unidentified Food Objects ) in our company commissary everyday!!!

Disgusting, and the grease.....Yeeech!!

We even have "Aliens" cooking it!!!

19. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Yep over Yosemite Park last year. Lights zig zagging and reversing course instantly 180degrees. There for quite a while and 3 of us marveled and offered every other plausible explanation till none else was left except what ever we saw had capabilities not available to earthlings. However, seeing lights doing strange unearthly things in the sky isn't 'proof' in my mind. I need to see the actual vehicle. I need to be invited into the vehicle. I wanna ride.

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    YEP. i actually only saw the tail end of an event, but my roommate was an air traffic controller who was in the tower when the event took place. my view was sitting on a mountain (hill really, it was a radio tower hill overlooking the area but did have about a 1700 foot elevation rise over the surrounding area.

this was several years ago and despite our predictions that it would be major news, not a peek was ever heard of the event. my roommate was sworn to secrecy "due to national security" BS rap and didn't have the balls to give me much in the way of details other than to say that the flight dynamics observed were decades if not centuries beyond our current technology

and Jay;

as far as them destroying us, they took one look as us and said "why bother, they will take care of that soon enough. what they leave behind, i wouldnt let my dog live in!!"