1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any one with Factory Installed Fog lights (Trim Three or above, Plugin Advanced)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Priusmpg, May 14, 2014.

?
  1. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Yes, but only if its plug and play (no wire cutting).

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Yes, only if its low cost.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. No, because I dont

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello, I am trying to retro fit the Prius plugin (BASE), similar to Prius (TRIM Two), with fog lamps. I know it has been done before, but I am attempting a different approach. Instead of just adding a switch and giving it power, I am going to try to use the relay already installed inside the car. So I need to figure out what part number the wiring harness connected to the fog lamps it, where its routed, what color the wires are, the computer to which its connected to, what kind of button the fog lamps use, where the fog lamp button is connected to, what kind of harness this button uses, color of its wires, whether the switch is on the steering column or next to the mirror switch.
    For the processes I will need one of the following types of vehicles: (not each, just any one of the listed)
    2012-14 Prius Three (with fog lamps)
    2012-14 Prius Four (with fog lamps)
    2012-14 Prius Five (with fog lamps)
    2012-14 Prius Plugin Advanced (with fog lamps)
    Any other model or trim Please be sure that the fog lights were factory installed and not by the dealer .

I will need the said car for about 1 hour. I can let you use my 2014 Plugin while I inspect the car's systems. I can assure you that no electrical components will be tampered with, your warranty will not be effected because I will only be taking pictures and writing notes. The cars front bumper will need to be removed, will be protected so no damage is done trough the process. The cars kick panel cover will need to be removed. If the car is not assembled to your liking or original condition (which highly unlike) I will cover the cost that any shop or dealer of your liking would charge to restore it. I will also cover the cost of fuel and rental in that case. Again, Its highly unlikely something like that will happen. This "research" would be done at a fully insured, BAR authorized, with ASE Certified techs, auto repair shop I own, you can stand over the shoulder through-out the whole process. You would be helping to create a write up for Pri with out fog lights.

Thanks In Advance.

Tweaksalot likes this.
  2. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Seems like a lot of work, when there's already a very affordable aftermarket kit available.

3. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The thing is that kit doesn't show a light on the dash board. This would, and be much more factory like, toyota dealers couldn't complain about it.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    True, it's not a bad project as there are some members who'd like the indicator in the dash. Personally I find it less distracting without the indicator in the dash.

You edited it wrong Paradox. The OP is clearly soliciting any or all higher trim Gen 3 from 2010-14. Should have edited it as "2010-14 Prius III/Three, etc."

5. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I didn't even know other members can change my post, but Paradox did it right because I am looking for the face lifted model which began in 2011.

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Not really, they had 2011 on so I ran with what they had. Now that they know, they can re-edit their post if they'd like.

7. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No, actually 2010 was the first year for the gen III. BUT, in 2010, trims used uppercase Roman numerals. Then in 2011, they used two, three etc. The prius v station wagon Prius uses a lowercase v, not uppercase since the uppercase V denotes a trim V (five now) for 2010. Toyota caused this confusion but only by letting people know can we stop further confusion on the forums.

I'm a moderator thus being able to edit posts.

8. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not gen 3, 2011 the year when they change the front bumper style and the fog light position.

9. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No, that was 2012.

10. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Then I am greatly mistaken.

11. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That would be 2012, that was the minor refresh.

12. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you, I have updated the post.

13. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I don't understand your poll. You're asking people who already have fog lights installed if they would like to add fog lights to their car...?

14. Priusmpg

Priusmpg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Clearly it's directed towards people who don't have it