1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any pics for bumper protector on silver Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by fatdawg, Oct 27, 2014.

1. fatdawg

fatdawg Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am looking to get a bumper protector for the silver Prius. I am undecided on which one to buy. If you have and pics of the OEM appliqué or the OEM black you can share, please do so. I would prefer the shot of the entire rear, not just the bumper.

TIA

2. WolfpackBill

WolfpackBill Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm interested in this as well so any responses will be great!!

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Motorcycles with full fairings are similar to today's cars, as far as the "bumpers". My info's a little dated, but there were a few full fairing bikes with sacrificial wear strips, positioned at reinforced "strong points", at the most likely points of contact, and a little more protuberant, saving the adjacent skin.

If the bike touched down it would likely contact just these points, bear on them, and they'd take all the abrasion. And that small zone was able to be popped out and replaced, at much lower cost than the complete fairing.

Guess it would take one or two (auto) manufacturers to "pioneer" this, push it as a feature, then the rest would have to come on board.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just search for "prius bumper applique" & you'll get more pix than you'll care to look at. There isn't much to see with the plastic film. My applique was already installed on the car. My VentureShield installer would have cut a piece & included it when he did the rest of the car. I believe I'd prefer to have the rubber strip as that will provide more protection against sliding cargo.

Either way, only the top of the rear bumper cover (to some extent) is protected.

5. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OP, here is my couple shots of my bumper protector, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fatdawg

fatdawg Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the pics, functionality is much better than the clear sticker I bet.

7. fatdawg

fatdawg Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I decided to go with the OEM applique, for the looks mainly, the black didn't flow well with the clear tail lights of the PIP.

Prius applique.JPG