1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any prius taxi owners here?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by socratesthecabdriver, Apr 26, 2010.

1. socratesthecabdriver

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hello people i just ordered my prius on earth day and i realized it later in the day i hadnt planed it like that hahaha! i am actualy a taxi medalion owner in athens greece and i just ordered the car for a replacement to a 407 peugeot that gave me a whirll of problems up untill now! I HOPE THIS ONE LIVES UP TO ITS REPUTATION!!!! sory for my spelling but its as good as it gona get !!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. socratesthecabdriver

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    thanks for the conect! nice to be here

4. nolo contendre

nolo contendre Hybrid Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Socrates,

We're dying to see pics of your cab. :)

Nolo

5. socratesthecabdriver

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i sure will ! it's going to be yellow with a blue 2inch pinstripe runing around the hole car just below the windows! kind of like new yorks cabs!

6. halpos4

halpos4 "Taxi"!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ah Greece,spent my youth down there,mainly on Ios,actually i drove from Ireland through France..across Italy..across Greece and onto Ios by ferry on my Honda Africa Twin back in 94-95..good times!!
    Are Taxi's in Athens Govt owned or do you own it yourself?

7. socratesthecabdriver

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i own it my self the medalion alone cost me 130000 euro 5 years back the price varies though acordingly with unemployment and demand,now its not good times because the goverment is looking to free the trade so we are very stresed out here taxis and trucks.but i am not realy woried because the nymber of taxis in athens already exceed the aloted number of taxis set by the europian eunion on a ratio of land and population,by 2000 cabs!

ios is the rock island of greece crazy place !!! i havent gone there but i had a friend of mine that used to go there religiusly and told me all about it!
    you know i am going to travel to ireland one day ! you guys got some blessed land over there! i want to see it up close!!!
    one day after this crissis is over ! :D
    BUT
    i got the DNT knoking on ny goverments dore and its not looking like its gona be over any time soon :cool:

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats Socrates.

As you know, halpos4 is a Gen 2 Prius taxi owner. Here's a larger view of his great avatar photo:

[IMGLINK]http://priuschat.com/forums/members/halpos4-albums-taxi-picture3778-dsc03210.jpg[/IMGLINK]

Also, in addition to halpos4 and GrumpyCabbie (Gen 3), there's NYC PRIUS (but he hasn't posted here in a while) who has owned both a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 Prius taxi in New York City:

PriusChat Forums - View Profile: NYC TAXI

And I think there are a few more PriusChat Prius taxi owners in Canada and elsewhere.

9. socratesthecabdriver

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  10. the hosser

the hosser Lock Monkey

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I saw a Prius taxi in NYC last weekend... I was hoping to see more of them, but only caught a glimpse of one. It was yellow and looked like all the other taxicabs.

-Ken

11. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, there are not many of them. There were going to be A LOT more, but the large taxi fleet owners have twice managed to strike down NYC regulations that would have required new taxis to meet high gas mileage requirements.

Here's a pic of a Gen 2 NYC Prius taxi (with a Toyota Highlander Hybrid taxi in the background) ... shiny!:

[​IMG]

And here's a pic of a Gen 3 NYC Prius taxi, dirtied by last winter's road slush:

[IMGLINK]http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/20683d1261694905-saw-gen-iii-taxi-in-nyc-003.jpg[/IMGLINK]

12. socratesthecabdriver

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i cant figure out how the ny cabs install the safety dividors in a mid size car and have leg room left over for the driver and passengers!!!!!!!