1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any reason to NOT own 2 Prius's

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Sneezy, Sep 2, 2010.

1. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    A great reason for not having a 2nd Prius is if one car will do what you need.

Much cheaper and greener but it won't work for everyone.

2. Sneezy

Sneezy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A few points....

We have been through 1 winter in NY and had no problems, in fact we both have FWD cars and had no issue. We are both less than 3 miles from work so it's not a big deal. Also I don't have to go to work if it snows.

We don't tow.

So that said, after driving her Prius 400 miles to NYC & back, I leased a prius IV today and get it tomorrow.

It's also a company car and I could have bought or leased almost anything but after driving over 20 cars, the Prius was what worked the best.

Chalk us up to a 2 Prius family now, 3 if you count my step mom!

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Good for u

if it burns gas its an issue

agree 100%.... didn't think about taking my Pri to the beach either. I just did it!!

4. Ricklin11

Ricklin11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think the Prius is the best car on the road. The combination of comfort and efficiency can not be beat. And I love the tech.

But it is what it is, a fairly small sedan. As a for instance I tow my Prius behind my 30,000 lb. diesel pusher motor home. It gets 10-12 MPG on the highway, it's very efficient , remember it's 30 K lbs.

If I am seen hugging a tree, it's because I am wrapping a tape measure around said tree, to estimate the board feet of lumber therein.

I have a very large "carbon footprint" and I could not care less. It's waste that bugs me.

The green image that comes with owning a Prius annoys me, in far too many cases green is the new red!