1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any recommended Prius mechanic/shops in Ohio- Engine?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bk2049, Jul 15, 2022.

1. bk2049

bk2049 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in Columbus so that would be ideal but might travel to most corners of the state. I've got at a minimum a bad head gasket and possibly more. There's another thread with details that people have given me great advice on, but I don't want to clog that one up with this question. I'm somewhat resigned to having a remanufactured engine put in (instead of fixing the head gasket which may or may not be the extent of the problem) but can't find anyone who can give me a really good diagnosis of the problem OR provide a warranty for both the engine and the labor. I'd also feel better about sinking the money into the engine if I had a true Prius expert inspect to see if anything else is wrong/damaged due to the violent shaking and rattling I've had when starting it up (and somewhat when accelerating from a stop) in the last week. If anyone has recommendations for an excellent Prius mechanic/shop who can install & preferably provide a labor warranty, I would greatly appreciate it!