1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any regrettable color choices?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by RaZa, Mar 12, 2012.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The 2010 "gold" was really dull looking. I agree no car should be poop colored (2006 baby poop green). However, dark browns can be beautiful. I used to own an almost-black tobacco brown Mercedes. It was a a really rich color.

2. Friend of Bill W.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Barcelona Red is mine and it was NOT a first choice, but I kind of rushed into it. I've always had silver, gunmetal, type colors. They hide scratched and dirt well. This Barcelona Red looks dirty a day after I wash it not to mention shows even the tiniest scratches making my nice car look jenky and used. Also I want to add a rocker decal of some kind but no color will look right.

chinarut likes this.
  3. PaulD

PaulD Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My wife and I agreed on which colors we would consider and which we would absolutely not have. Red was out only because we've had a lot of red cars. Blue was our #1 choice, then white. We found a blue one, and are very happy we did! We've never owned a blue car.

chinarut likes this.
  4. cipsaz187

cipsaz187 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes silver, silver. Camry silver since 2003 and Prius since 2014... Didn't have any choice then.. Hopefully next time and only new.

Bay Stater likes this.
  5. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My first Prius, Gen 2, was silver. I didn't like it very much - I thought the color was too light - no depth to it at all. The paint also seemed very thin because it scratched and chipped really easily. The silver looked better on the Gen 3.

Bay Stater likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Silver was not our first choice when shopping 3rd gen. We were leaning towards pearl white, but really wanted non-metallic white, which didn't exist, al least not in Canada. An on-the-lot silver car with features we liked tipped us, have grown to like the colour. Harmonizes with the rims too.

image.jpeg

Bay Stater likes this.
  7. Bay Stater

Bay Stater Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can't argue that Mendel! Silver was one of my choices when shopping used last year.
    IMG_20160420_174455711.jpg

#87 Bay Stater, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Mendel Leisk likes this.