1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any rodent issues?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Shameless, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Shameless

Shameless Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    In my '04 Prius, I covered all the potential rodent entry points with mesh. Never had a problem. Are there any similar entry points on the 2017 Prius (and/or Prime)? And has the soy wiring gone away? I sure hope that is an issue that's been left behind!

That said, when I test-drove a used 2011, I found to my non-delight that there were mouse droppings in it. I consider it my good fortune that I got to drive it before the detail guys had worked it over-- I got my fair warning about that car, and maybe avoided a big problem. I hate having mice and their toxicity anywhere, let alone in the heating/cooling system of my car!

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sounds like a horror movie. Nasty critters. I know that has been a problem with the Prius car. Have not heard about the Primes. Now I have to go set traps all around my car tonight.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  3. CraigM

CraigM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had about two inch’s of my Fiat 500e EVSE cable chewed down to bare wire. Our house backs up to farm land and I guess our garage is comfy during the winter. Guess Italian rubber coating tastes pretty good!