1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any rumors or info on US shortage.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Greysquirrel34, Oct 7, 2009.

1. codybigdog123

codybigdog123 Got Mad and Left in a Tizzy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would guess (?) in states with hotter climate, that white and silver would be the top color choice.

2. swerthei

swerthei Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was up at my dealer today (Novato Toyota) and they had four 2010 Prius's on the lot that the salesperson said were not sold. Including one Package IV with solar roof. Hopefully the artificial C4C shortages are over now.

3. spinnsilly

spinnsilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm in the SF bay area and while two weeks ago I was told there were 2 package II's in stock. This week I can't seem to find one. I've been on a wait list now for two weeks for a winter grey which i've been told are hard to come by in package II and am being told I should get it in the next week or two. Fingers crossed!

4. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

To bad you're so far away. Here's one Toyota dealer Rogers Toyota located in Lewiston ID

5. spinnsilly

spinnsilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I would be crying at the site of that if I didn't just learn today that my car is coming in next week and at a much lower price than the link you sent. :cheer2:

6. asj2009

asj2009 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    the biggest prius dealer here in NJ (according to them, in Morristown) had 12 available for sale a week and a half ago. it dropped to only 5 within a week, and is now back up again to 11. I'm assuming that means there is a fast turnover for the cars.

7. Dirk Lerxst

Dirk Lerxst New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think so too, but not because of heat - it's just what Toyota is producing. I hardly see any blue ones around.

By the way, I wouldn't use temperature as a reason to buy a particular color. Mythbusters (and others) tested this and while a black car gets hotter, it's only 10 degrees hotter than a white car. That's not enough for me to opt for a color I don't want. Really, any suitably dark color will also get equally hot - winter gray, blue, etc, maybe even Barcelona red. Buy what you want and enjoy it, in other words. It'll just take a few minutes longer to cool down on those extremely hot days.