1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Swedish Prius owners on this forum?

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by swepri, May 30, 2005.

1. swepri

swepri New Member

I am mostly lurking here now and then.

Last weekend I made a trip around lake Vättern and met four other Priuses (SP?). In my small town I have seen at least six different Prii.

Just curious if some of you are lurking here.

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Welcome! I am not from Sweden, but do have a question for you. I have asked other Europeans about this, but it pertains particularly to Swedish cars.

I have a rear-facing child seat with a top tether. When attached to a floor anchor or otherwise, it is described as "the Swedish method". The Prius for USA has no such anchor available. (There are anchors between the seats and behind the seats for front facing).

Does your owner's manual indicate a "top tether" for the floor for rear-facing attachment?

It would look something like the anchor indicated in location "3" in this picture:

I was hoping that you could tell me if there is an anchor in the floor of your Prius or if not, if the owner's manual indicates that one can be purchased from and installed by the dealership.

Nate

3. swepri

swepri New Member

I don't have kids myself so I have never thought about it. I will have a look in the manual when I get home from work.

4. swepri

swepri New Member

No differece between the Swedish manual and the International (English) manual shipped with the car. I found nothing in the car either.

Obviously Toyota do not recommend kids in the front seat.

It is a bit strange since rear facing front seat mounting of childrens seats is used extensively here (for the youngest kids at least).

There has been a lot of discussion in Sweden about disconnecting air bags and the manufacturers have different policies. In a few cars you can disconnect the air bag yourself with a key.

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks for looking! I'm referring to the backseat, not the front seat. I'm hoping there was a mount somewhere on the floor or on the hump in the center. I may have to drill and weld something in.

Nate

6. swepri

swepri New Member

Well it's the same story in the backseat. My manuals only show fastening with the three-point seatbelt, the floor is not mentioned.

If the child will be facing forward there are some "ISOFIX" fastening points in the backseat. I don't know if ISOFIX is an European thing or if it is used in other countries as well.

7. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks! ISOFIX is known as LATCH (in caps) in the USA. I think ISOFIX is a better name because it prevents confusion between LATCH and any other latch like the door latch or whatever.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Nate

8. Alsmyr

Alsmyr New Member

I am from Sweden. Ordered my Prius last week and found this site today.

9. swepri

swepri New Member

Great. How long do you have to wait for delivery nowadays? I had to wait for about 5 months last year.

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    There was one person from Norway posting here about 2-3 weeks ago, too---English-speaking, of course.

11. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Another one from Sweden with a Prii on order...

I get deliver in mid Feb after waiting around 4.5 month..
    As of now the amount of Priuses in Stockholm is raising like the gas prize. Can't understand why??? ;) Well it's the "extra" tax normal car will get while entering the center of Stockholm upto $8/day!!!!

Prius and other enviromental safe cars get nothing, zipp, nada... :D One of the reasons to order the Prius but I was tempted to get one in 2004 when the 2nd generation launched, but the prize was too high at the time.... atleast for me...

/Zappa

12. partymandk

partymandk New Member

Hi there,

I'm moving to sweden in the near future, and would like a prius too :) but can any current swedish prius owners put up some comments about the insurance-part of having a prius in sweden?

Perhaps some hints of which company i need to seek in order to get the best / cheapest and so on?

Sincerely,
    Kenneth (Partyman)

13. Bernie S

Bernie S New Member

Yes, another Swede has found this great forums !

Picked up my Prius today. :D

A Bronze 2004 Buisness (same as US Touring package #5, I think)

So now my old RAV4 is for sale. :rolleyes:

//Berne

[attachmentid=7929]
    [attachmentid=7930]

Attached Files:

14. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    En annan svensk här också men jag bor i Boston nu förtiden och kör en fullt utrustad 2006 Prius.

15. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered my Prius on the last day of april and it'll get delivered in august. I would have received the car sooner but my better half insisted on getting a red one so we'll have to wait. The only downside is that I really love my current car, a Citroën C2 1,6 VTR with Sensodrive gearbox but since my dealer went out of business and I felt that I couldnt trust the other two dealers I've visited, it was time to get a new car.