1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any tricks to removing the Sun Visor sticker?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by CAR4TWO, Jun 25, 2009.

1. blippo

blippo New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The dealer didn't put a sticker on mine, but he did have the dealer name on the license plate holder.

2. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    I will give this a try this weekend too. It should not be hard with a little heat from an iron or hair dryer. Lets all report in when we complete that project!

Dan

3. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I took the stickers off my Porsche visors using plain denatured alcohol, (not Jim Beam or other good stuff) and some patience. The difference is that the Porsche visors were vinyl and not cloth. I don't know how the alcohol would effect the fabric. I'd love to get rid of 'em they bug me no end but I don't want to try what I just mentioned <sigh>

The stickers are nothing more than a decal that's applied to the cloth. Using something that will dissolve the decal would be easy; but that same stuff will most likely melt the cloth too.

ES44AC

4. bubbatech

bubbatech Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I routinely remove any stickers on the outside of the car when I first bring them home. My Prius had a quite hideous dealer sticker on it that was fortunately very easy to remove. I also replaced the dealer license plate frame too. I am not going to advertise for someone on my car.

5. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Luscious Garage offered me one of their license plate frames, and I wanted it, but I'm sticking with my UC Berkeley frame. Go Bears!