1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any two Prius households?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CEguru, Apr 27, 2007.

1. nyprius2007

nyprius2007 New Member

next car will definately be a hybrid. I have a 2007 prius currently with two children (3.5 yr old and 2 month old) both in car seats. I was surprised how I could fit both of them in the back and still cart around all of the belongings. It is amazing when you think about how much you can fit in there.

My wife was totally amazed on how much room and how confortable it is to take a nice long ride with the kids in the prius. The amazing thing is she dont want to take our other car (2007 camry LE ) anymore even though to me it has a better ride.

Both my sister and my father have prii and they love them.

I think my point is that you can definately have two young children while owning a prius. Just dont expect to be the car pool person for school, or be a soccer mom or dad. Even the camry hybrid, while more roomy, has a small trunk and would not be able to do that .

I guess if you want to be that soccer mom or dad, you might want to look in to that hybrid mini van if it ever comes to the us (estima in japan).

2. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

We have 2, 2007 pkg #2 cars. We've added the 6cd, in dash changer, and the BT stiffening plate to both.
    Traded a 2005 Prius for one.
    Sold Lexus LS400 and bought the other.
    It works well for us. We just returned from a Vacation in the Netherlands and filled up on the way home from airport --gas prices have risen again while we were away. Still a long way to go to match price in Holland.
    Carl

3. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    YES

We're a two-Prius household. I have a 2005 #5 Tideland Pearl, my wife has a 2006 #8 Seaside Pearl (sorry, no pics)

4. cactsbob

cactsbob New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CEguru @ Apr 27 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]431425[/snapback]</div>
    We became a two prius family today. 2006 & now a 2007. Why not. We are empty nesters so I'm not sure what kind of a family car a Prius would make. Maybe cozier with chance for family to interact more then they would in the standard SUV gymnasium. 450 miles / $20 leaves a little extra family spending cash. In some ways it might be a better family car than the SUV, especially for in town trips. :D

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    We became a 2 Prii family in Feb. His is a blue 2003 Classic Sedan, and mine is a 2007 Silver Touring. I have been waiting for four years to get mine. We used to use his car for long trips, but now we use mine. It is one of several attempts I am making to become less dependant on fossil fuels and minimize my carbon footprint on the environment. And I am saving money as an added bonus. In Mass we only pay excise tax on the ICE part of the car - so my tax is half that of a conventional car. It is taking me a while to learn how to get really great mileage but what I get is still a lot better than even with my Corrolla I traded in. PS. The RAV4 Hybrid is coming next year, but the Highlander Hybrid is here already. This is definitely the way to go. Next I want the EV mode option as I commute a very short distance to work. Could easily get by on all electric if battery capacity was more. Good luck.

6. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We also are two Prius family. '05 Blue one at home (airport parking, actually) -- and a silver Pine waiting to be picked up (already titled) when we get back home the end of this week.