1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Uber Drivers Here?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by priusmatty, Jul 14, 2016.

1. priusmatty

priusmatty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I am considering driving for Uber. Does anyone here do this in the Prius C? I am just wondering hos our car does with the wear and tear of taxi driving.

2. TheTimob

TheTimob Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I drove for Lyft for a while with my Prius C. It's pretty much the ideal car for this job - especially if you're downtown in a big city.

The back seat is smaller than people expect if you have 2-3 people to drive around - but the VAST majority of rides will be a single person. Sometimes you'll get a person who just sits in the back anyway - like a taxi - they're more comfortable that way - prepare to move the passenger seat forward and backward to accommodate these people. The rear floor IS flat though unlike most cars.

I constantly washed my car - on a weekly schedule including a through cleaning of the interior to keep the car feeling and smelling new. Passengers are impressed with that - and I could see that in the ratings.

Some Uber drivers will offer you a cold bottle of water on really hot days. I never did this but I always thought it was a cool touch.

Another thing I did was I provided micro USB and Lightning charging cords and a rapid charger in my car's cigarette lighter. Especially for people coming out of the airport - it's great to get a power boost on your phone during your ride.

Eastside and Bigboi like this.
  3. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was in Berlin recently. More than half the taxis were Prii. That is quite common in many European cities, so they must be suitable for the job.
    Offering mobile charging cables sounds like a great idea!

4. Bigboi

Bigboi Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Matty depending where you live, might I suggest you go on Craigslist and offer rides to find Pokemon. Pokemon Go is a smash hit million dollar game and you can cash in on people wanting to "collect them all". $15-30 an hour sounds about right. Get a card reader for your phone and help a Pokemon trainer out!

5. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I see you are on the East Coast, so I don't know how many Prius you see in your area, but here on the West Coast in the L.A. area there are many Prius and Prius C's being used for Uber use. When I drive on the freeway in L.A. its seem every car has the Uber sticker on it, it crazy that there is a need for so many drivers!