1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

any way to easily externally tell an 06 Prius from an 07?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cwerdna, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Another change is up front; the '06 has this little black trim/spoiler lip at the very bottom of the front end, where the '04-5 did not have this piece added.

From skruse's description of the '07, everything you'd mentioned is like that on my package 8 '06 (CD changer, differences in headlight light designs, 12v and aux plug in the center console) with the exception of the center storage compartment in the dash; the '06 has a hingedsmoked plastic panel covering it and is not open.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dachshund @ Nov 14 2006, 07:16 AM) [snapback]348682[/snapback]</div>
    the dark green is on the Classic Prius - Electric Green Mica

the dark blue on the current Prius isn't available in the States. It's called Dark Blue Mica. Dark blue was available on the Classic Prius - Brilliant Blue Pearl.

Other colours that were dropped for the 06 models included Millennium Silver Metallic, Salsa Red Pearl (aka Merlot Red Mica and Regency Red) and Tideland Pearl. The colours that replaced them were Classic Silver Metallic, Barcelona Red (Metallic?) and Silver Pine Mica respectively. Magnetic Grey Pearl was added too.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Nov 15 2006, 01:57 AM) [snapback]349360[/snapback]</div>
    OK, what's the difference between Millennium Silver Metallic and Classic Silver Metallic?

Also, where is Magnetic Grey Pearl listed as a color? In the U.S. it's just Magnetic Grey.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the older silver looks whiter i think. the newer seems a bit more grayer.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 15 2006, 07:08 AM) [snapback]349454[/snapback]</div>
    Millennium Silver seems to be the typical, solid silver that's has more grey in it. Classic Silver is much more silvery and hints towards white.

Hmm, I thought Magnetic Grey was a pearl colour. My mistake then.