1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Yankee Haters here?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by etyler88, Oct 9, 2007.

1. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for clicking.

YANKEES S**K
    YANKEES S**K

I feel bad for Torre but that is the price to be paid. Looking forward to many years of futility for them now. I think they have a curse now.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you have an opinion about the Yankees, don't hold back. We'd like to know how you really feel. :rolleyes:

Tom

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've been a die-hard Indians fan since... well, since before they were good in the mid-late 90's :) They stand a good chance of going all the way this year, although Boston's going to be tough. Regardless, i think the AL is winning the Series.

4. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Oct 9 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]523263[/snapback]</div>
    Who cares? They are all adults playing a child's game.

5. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am utterly mystified that any adult would care who wins or loses a ball game. It's a game, for crying out loud!

7. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 9 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]523342[/snapback]</div>
    trust me theres no rational explanation

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jhinton @ Oct 9 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]523302[/snapback]</div>
    child's game? Baseball is a game for all ages you should try it sometime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Oct 9 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]523263[/snapback]</div>
    you obviously have no knowledge of basball history. While the media may cry about how its been since 2000 since the yankees won a world series Id like to remind you that before 1996 the last time the yankees won a world series was 1978.

Last time I checked 18 > 7

I dont care if your a boston fan or a Indian fan or whatever, you should be able to recognize greatness when you see it.

If the yankees do indeed suck with their 26 world championships as you say where does that put your team? No where close.

And if by yankees suck you mean this year then explain why they have the best record since May 30th

So to answer your question NO there are no yankee haters here
    World Series History

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 10 2007, 08:56 AM) [snapback]523342[/snapback]</div>
    I'm with you Daniel, I think it's just something to talk about to avoid thinking about things that are important or real to the person.

And how irrational is it? A team gets through to the final so in reality they have proven to be in the top 2 teams to get there but if they lose that final they may as well been bottom in the eyes of all the crazy people who follow the game.

It's the same here with football (aussie rules)

9. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SureValla @ Oct 9 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]523355[/snapback]</div>
    I have, I played baseball for 11 years. Even when I was actively playing baseball, I couldn't stand to watch a game on TV or at the ballpark. It was simply too slow and boring to watch. Sports are something that you do. If my team wins, it is my team. My team is the team that I play for and actively helped to win. Watching someone else play a game on TV and then getting worked up into a frenzy that "your" team won or lost is crazy. I'm sorry but the only people that should be taking pride in who wins a MLB game are those that are playing the game. Of course if that was the case the marketing would have failed and Americans wouldn't spend billions of dollars on professional sports crap.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SureValla @ Oct 9 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]523355[/snapback]</div>
    Greatness is hitting a ball? Greatness is catching a ball? These are your definitions of greatness?

Right now the Nobel prizes are being announced. These are people that have achieved greatness and should be celebrated, not people that play games.

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    [​IMG]

<div align="center">The Chicago Cubs
    "There's always next year"® </div>

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Why do they call it the World Series when only teams from the US (and now maybe Canada? though when I was a kid it was just the US) are allowed to participate?

12. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My joy of the Yankees elimination is tempered by the fact that my beloved angels were felled by the bosox. Ironic that an atheist loves the angels.

13. dsharp88

dsharp88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 9 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]523404[/snapback]</div>
    Because the players come from all over the world to play in baseball's premier league in the world.

And, oh yes, I'm a Yankee hater ever since George Steinbrenner took over the team and ruined the entire business of baseball. Teams cannot compete on a level playing field in terms of competitive status because of that awful person. As for the game itself, the dance of baseball will always be a beautiful thing to behold. For this year, so will my Red Sox as they triumph over the Indians in 7 (I admit it - they're really good), Diamondbacks in 5.

14. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <blockquote>10/4/07 - Two men attacked a Red Sox fan outside a Yonkers hotel Thursday night, beating him so badly he ended up in the intensive care unit, police said.

The incident began when the two victims, Carlos Ortez and Walter Ostromecki, were in the bar of the Ramada Inn late Thursday night, according to police.

Ortez, a carpenter from Massachusetts visiting New York for work, was sitting at the bar wearing a Red Sox hat and T-shirt when another patron at the end of the bar asked the two men whether they had pride in Boston. Immediately after the 4-0 Red Sox win, the two men left the hotel, when they were approached from behind by the man who'd made the earlier comment, along with two other men.

Yadda yadda, punch punch punch kick kick kick...

Ortez ended up lying in a pool of blood and his face was swollen. He's in intensive care with multiple facial fractures. Ostromecki managed to get away. Suspects Duane Somers and Edward McConaughey have been arraigned on assault charges.

It should be noted that the two men arrested for assault are from Pennsylvania, which basically only proves that donkey Yankee fans aren't limited to New York. Of course, Red Sox fans aren't exactly sympathetic little mini-Christs. I admit, when I saw this story, the first thing I thought about was Stalingrad. "They're killing each other? Sweet."</blockquote>

15. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 9 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]523404[/snapback]</div>
    Because the teams are American, and if there is one thing we Americans know, the rest of the world doesn't count. :p

Tom

16. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I find it despicable every time i see or hear about people coming to blows over a sports rivalry... but at the same time, that tag line at the end made me laugh.

17. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SureValla @ Oct 9 2007, 08:12 PM) [snapback]523355[/snapback]</div>

7 ... and counting! The curse dictates that the Yankees will not win a WS this century. 2000 was last century, ask any nerd. The curse started when they replaced Tino with Giambi. And the way George trashed and drove Petite out of town, how stupid was that. Back to bloated salaries and all-star station to station baseball which equals impressive regular season and postseason flops. Also the baseball season starts April 1 not May 30. Guess what, Jeter is not a clubhouse leader and he is your captain. If A-Rod is retained the curse will be cemented. Jeter and A-Rod for ten years, how do you think that will work out? George has already said he wants A-Rod back, good negotiating George. What happened to Cashman running the show and cutting ties with Tampa committee? A-Rod back will lead to Cashman leaving and then the Yankees will be done. Yes I am worried that Joba, Hughes and Kennedy will be good but Tampa committee will trade them for David Ortiz when Ortiz goes downhill.