1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody else actually tracking their day to day driving?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Stratman, Apr 1, 2014.

1. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    would you be willing to try it and let us know. I don't have the ability to see my tire pressure real time. I do run my tires at side wall max stated psi:)

I have checked mine after driving and found the psi to go up 1, I wonder if the higher pressure reduces the friction in the sidewall flex, causing tire to not heat as much. I drive in town and only short trips, so I may get different results than most.

I have noticed that warmer temps and the sun on the tires changes my psi by about 2

2. Stratman

Stratman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can remember back in the early 80's, when tires main ingredient was carbon black, we would not fill a 35 psi tire any high than 32 cold in the summer. You could drive them about 10 miles when it was 90 degrees in July, measure them and they would increase by about 8 lbs. since they're mainly silicone now (Hence the reason for the big ole shock in the winter) the temp coefficient must be a lot more stable.