1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody feel little kicks, with the ICE running?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriVusLY, Feb 14, 2006.

1. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have owned GM 4WD trucks with the chain drive transfer case. They exhibit the same "feel" as my 06 Prius - occasionally, the drive system jerks. In the GM's, it is the very slight slack in that drive chain. I believe there is a drive chain in the hybrid drive. If so, this might just be chain snatch - it certainly feels like it.

As for the shutdown shutter, yes, I understand they all do that. Car and Driver even mention that the Camry Hybrid doesn't do this, so I imagine there is a way to eliminate it.

Not to sound anti-Toyota, but one characteristic of Japanese products I have seen a lot of in the past is that if you want better [whatever], buy the next model up. I wonder if they intentionally don't work out little nits in the "lower cost" models in order to create an upgrade path that is noticeably better? I have certainly seen this in stereos, TVs, and cars.