1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody know when the 2012 Prius will be released?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cindyh1, Jan 13, 2012.

1. cindyh1

cindyh1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know the 11 is a great deal right now with 0 percent but I like the look of the pics of the 2012.. I will be buying it to keep until it quits so i really want to get the right car. Thanks

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. cindyh1

cindyh1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I haven't seen what extra features there will be on the 2 except the backup camera. I need to look for good pics of the front/rear of the 2012 to see how many changes there are.

4. cindyh1

cindyh1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, i just found some pics.. If they are real, i don't see a lot of difference.. just small changes.. the backup camera is nice on the 12 though.. hmm.. confusing as to what to do..

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you're buying to run it into the ground, get the 2012.

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    See Exclusive: 2012 MY Prius - Changes and Additions | PriusChat.

Compared to the 2011 Two, you're getting these extra: touchscreen, backup camera, USB port with iPod® connectivity and control, vehicle information with customizable settings, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology.

I'm unsure about "vehicle information with customizable settings" but perhaps this allows customization of some/all settings (http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...m/67909-things-can-customized.html#post940697) that previously required a tech to do it w/Techstream.

On the '11, to get the touchscreen, backup camera, USB port with iPod® connectivity and control along with music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology. you had to go w/model Three or above AND get nav. For hands-free phone capability, you had to go model Three or above.

I only paid close attention to this when I was helping a friend shop for an '11 Two and Three. She wanted BT phone support, so she had to go with Three. She would've wanted USB connectivity and A2DP streaming, but she wasn't willing to pay for nav too as Two (by itself) was already above her original budget.

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Might want to factor this TSB into the decision as well. Check the VINs in chart. The 12's must be getting the new intake manifold as TSB only says 2010/11's below the VINs in chart have the older intake manifold.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...n-engine-knocking-startup-t-sb-0012-10-a.html

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just got off phone with Toyo Sun. Nothing in pipe right now on '12, but expects early February. Can you say delay, geeeez :eek:

1 person likes this.
  9. nimb

nimb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can someone please confirm if 2012 Two will have a backup camera? I thought Nav and backup camera were only on 3.

10. ToyotaFleetManager

ToyotaFleetManager New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No backup camera on the 2. Backup camera will be on 3 and up.

This is from the 2012 Prius update letter to the dealers dated Dec 16th.

The 12MY Prius receives a refreshed front fascia, tail lamps, newly styled 15” wheel covers and LED Daytime
    Running Lights (DRL) with on/off feature. On the inside, updated features include a standard 6.1” display
    audio with USB for iPod connectivity and control, Bluetooth with phone book access for hands-free calling and
    music streaming, and a revised more advanced Multi-Information Display. Carryover from 11MY are classleading
    standard features like Touch Tracer Display, driver door Smart Key with Push Button Start and remote
    illuminated entry, tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio/climate/phone controls, and the Star Safety
    SystemTM.

Prius Three packs even more punch – with standard Navigation and Entune
    TM, integrated backup camera and 3-
    door Smart Key, Prius Three delivers key technology upgrades our customers seek at a great overall value.

11. ToyotaFleetManager

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    According to the launch calender update dated Nov 28th, the first ones should start arriving at the end of January. However that was subject to change. Dealers will know the next allocation on Jan 20th, we will know more then.

12. sharol46

sharol46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Back to the original question. My salesman says my 12 is "on the boat" as of last Monday (the 9th) and expected to make it to the midwest (us) by the middle of February. I'm hoping earlier.

Sharol

13. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting, so what Danny posted at Exclusive: 2012 MY Prius - Changes and Additions | PriusChat is incorrect/now outdated? Hopefully someone from Prius Team can chime in to clarify...

14. ToyotaFleetManager

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just recieved a update from TMS that Allocation 2 will contain the first 2012 Prius shipment. Dealers should find out exactly what will be on Allocation 2 on Jan 20th. Expect Allocation 2 vehicles will arrive at the dealerships in early to mid Feb, with a few units coming through in late January.

1 person likes this.
  15. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  16. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The info Danny posted earlier says the 2 will get the backup camera. ToyotaFleetManager's post says it won't and that you need to get a 3.

17. cindyh1

cindyh1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What i read on the internet said all 2012's will have the backup camera standard?

18. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I see. So the 2 will get a standard 6.1" display but no backup camera per the internal memo? That's difficult to believe. Such a large display and yet no backup camera? Toyota's official documents have been wrong in the past (such as power lumbar support in all trims in 2011) and it won't be the first time.

19. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This thread indicates backup camera will be standard in 2012 liftback

Exclusive: 2012 MY Prius - Changes and Additions | PriusChat

Prius 2: Exterior refreshes, DRLs, Display Audio: 6.1-inch touch screen audio system with integrated backup camera,

"The Prius will include a backup camera as standard equipment in 2012. And a back-up camera requires a pretty screen to view the video on, so all models will now include a minimum 6.1-inch touchscreen, replacing the current audio system. "
    ---------------------------------

This press release is worded such that the Three adds a backup camera. So, there is a conflict between threads.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...2012-prius-minor-refresh-press-materials.html

There’s big news for the 2012 Prius in the audio/infotainment area, with new standard systems for Prius Two, Three and Four models. The Prius Two, features a new Display Audio touch-screen system with a 6.1-inch screen. The AM/FM CD player unit offers MP3/WMA playback capability with six speakers, a USB port for iPod® connectivity, auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth® hands-free phone capability and audio streaming. The display also provides vehicle information and allows the driver to customize vehicle settings.The Prius Three adds navigation and Entune, plus an integrated backup camera display,

-----------------------
    I'm inclined to thing the Two will get the backup camera like v Two. Given its $24k entry price, it would be appropriate. We won't really know for yet another month.

--------------------

20. Zanrok

Zanrok Casual Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Only the 3 will have the backup camera. Its listed on Toyota.com pressroom