1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody running Nokian WR All Weather tires on their Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Silverback, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Silverback

Silverback New Member

I'm expecting delivery of the Prius next week and have to make the decision on tires. The Nokian WR's are appealing because they would negate the need for extra rims and tires...one tire does it all. However, a review done by Canadian Driver suggests that these puppies might accentuate the problem with higher speed stability and crosswind stability that some owners have experienced.

Very interested to hear from anyone that has tried these tires on a Prius.

2. norbert

norbert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Silverback\";p=\"55212)</div>
    I can't answer on these tires. However, I got rid of the Goodyear Integrity's the second day I had the car and bought the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred. These are a remarkable tire. The ice traction is amazing.

3. Silverback

Silverback New Member

4. ammiels

ammiels New Member

Re: Anybody running Nokian WR All Weather tires on their Pri

I have had WRs since dec '04 over 23k mi. I keep them on all year. They are great in snow,slush. standing water. dry roads. I keep them @ 44/42. I think they are pretty quiet and there is no odometer discrepancy and I notice no wander in cross winds other than the small amount noted in any other car I have had. I get 48 mpg in mixed driving, from what others in my clime say I may be paying a 1-2 mpg penalty for my feelings of assurance and lack of the biannual wheel change.

5. ammiels

ammiels New Member

Re: Anybody running Nokian WR All Weather tires on their Pri

Correction: I have had them since Dec '03