1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone able to use Treo 755 with bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by emtownsend, Jun 12, 2007.

1. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have successfully connected my Samsung IP-830w phone with my Prius using bluetooth, but for some reason I cannot connect my wife's Palm Treo 755p which is brand new with bluetooth version 1.2.

The phone says it is successful but the car seems to still be waiting... Any suggestions? Anyone with success using a Treo 7 series phone?

Thank you!

2. Compfool

Compfool New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jun 11 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]459957[/snapback]</div>
    I have a Treo 700W with Verizon and I have been only able to connect using the Hands free feature. I have not been abele to get the phonebook and other features to work.

Adam

3. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jun 11 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]459957[/snapback]</div>
    Try making a phone call with the phone during the "waiting" time. The bluetooth should kick in and take over the call.

4. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jun 11 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]459957[/snapback]</div>
    Try making a phone call with the phone during the "waiting" time. The bluetooth should kick in and take over the call.

5. 2PriusFamily

2PriusFamily Junior Member

Same problem with car hanging on passkey. I solved this by following hidden "Tip" in the Treo's bluetooth menu: Once you've paired from the phone and the phone sees the car as a "Trusted Device", navigate to "trusted devices", scroll to highlight the car, then Menu key (lower right) and "Connect."

Good luck!

6. cranston

cranston New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2PriusFamily @ Jun 13 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]460932[/snapback]</div>
    Got my new Treo 755P and had the same problem...as above, after navigating to trusted devices, highlight the one for the car (mine is HANDS FREE by defalt), go to the top left (where there would normally be a menu and click, and a secret menu will appear, select CONNECT).

Cranston

7. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cranston @ Sep 13 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]512299[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for all the tips! I too stumbled across that method just out of poking around (and never re-posted, sorry!). Turns out I sold my IP-830 because I really liked my wife's 755p so now we both have 755p's. The signal strength and bluetooth are both noticeablly stronger on the 755p. The 755p on the Prius sounds crystal clear. I did have to go into the Prius service menu and turn up the bluetooth microphone a couple notches, but now all is very very good.

8. HenryE

HenryE New Member

My 2004 has been working perfectly with various BT phones, including the Treo 650. The 755p arrived, paired properly, and also worked just fine.

HOWEVER, not smart enough to leave well enough alone, I decided to update the phone book in the Prius. I erased the old one, and now cannot transfer the new one. Perhaps the wrong procedure?? I'm simply trying to send the CONTACTS database via BT to the highlighted HANDSFREE car - using the utility in ZLauncher. They connect, work for a minute or so, then the car display says TRANSFER FAILED. Is there another way? Factors:

Connectivity is fine - pairing is easy and calls sound excellent.

I *can* transfer one Contact at a time, so it's almost certainly a procedural error...

What am I doing wrong?

9. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HenryE @ Oct 25 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]530561[/snapback]</div>
    Hum.... Can't remember, but I may have gone into contacts as if transferring one at a time, but did a "select all" and then sent.....

10. HenryE

HenryE New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Oct 26 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]530727[/snapback]</div>

I must have a blind spot. After examining menus, I could not find a "select all" option. That's why I tried to transfer the file itself... I'll look again. And again.

11. macfarlj

macfarlj Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I had major issues with Sprint Treo 755P but was able to get the thing paired by forcing a call wich a quick dial while it was trying to find my phone. Once it picked up my call it works like a charm. Happy camper now.

12. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I got mine to work by making forceing a call while the car is searchig. It works great now.

13. HiHoStevo

HiHoStevo Airport Bum

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I am missing part of the conversation...

However, I also have a Treo 755 which paired just fine with the BT in my '05 Prius.

However, I would love to have a link to step-by-step instructions on how to transfer my contacts in the Treo 755 to the Prius's Phone book!!!

Thank you

Ps. I have been able to send "data" to the phonebook in my car, but whether I send one contact at a time or one category the result is the same. I get part of the name and then a bunch of vertical lines where the number should be. On a few of the contacts the number actually came through, but 95% were just vertical lines.