1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone changed parking lights to white color

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by us_matrix, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not to mention, when the parking lights are on, your taillights are on so you're visible from behind (e.g. in a rainstorm or really dark and gloomy day. Also, for those living up north, it helps when the sun angle is low. You can see oncoming cars b/c of DRLs but it's hard to see the car you're trailing unless they have their taillights on).

2. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You may want to think twice about using those WLED xHP5's in the license plate area - me, along with a few other people had problems with only that type of LED bulb causing our TPMS system to malfunction
    Look: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...171-interior-led-lighting-17.html#post1245606

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's soo weird. I have those bulbs all over my 2010 and no issues so far. (licence plate, door courtesy, cargo, interior dome, personal/map and forward-facing parking light).

4. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It really is! I have these LED's in every location you do as well - except for the license plate area. I wish I could still tun them, but it obviously causes problems. Maybe only certain makes of the 2010's are affected. I'm not sure.

However, if you have problems with your TPMS, then you know it's the LED's. Just a heads up so you don't have the headache of Shaun and I.:)

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Correct. That's why they're called parking lights. ;) For when parking your car at night, say on narrow streets in old European towns, so you don't get hit (first time I had them was years ago on a German car).

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah but on those cars, you could choose which side to light up.

Will do! I'll usually find the answer here first before the dealer figures it out!