1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone disable the Auto Close Moonroof feature?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by gti303, Oct 14, 2012.

1. gti303

gti303 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A

I have an ELM OBD2 tool...and I wish to disable the auto close moonroof feature so that it doesn't auto close when I lock the doors...

Wondering if anyone has the PID for this?

Thanks!

In addion, looking for the code for:

Enable/disable
    automatic operation of the air
    conditioning
    compressor
    when the
    “AUTO” switch

As well :)

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have not seen OBD2 codes for the settings you mentioned. I think you need the Toyota techstream software and correct cable (mongoose). Try to get Toyota service to agree to do it for free when you set up your next scheduled service. If you want to get your own techstream software you can search on TIS Toyota to find toyota's site where they have techstream Lite or there is always eBay if you feel lucky. Search here on PriusChat for techstream for more details. Getting the dealer to do it for free is the easiest way to get it done as long as you have a nice dealer/service.

3. gti303

gti303 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    whats the benefit then of the bluetooth elm tool vs the ebay techstream tools then? seems like the ebay techstream tools can do more?

4. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Elm tool is cheaper and can interface with android tablets to show you car data with very nice graphics. Techstream can talk to more Electronic Control Units (ECU) but needs a PC to run on and the graphics are rows of numbers ment for a toyota technician, and it officially costs lots. The eBay versions are most all illegal and hacked to bypass software security so functionality can be compromised, but they are affordable relative to what Toyota will sell you. Except for the affordable Techstream Lite software available after subscribing to Toyota Tech Info Service (TIS) website. I think that toyota only leases their software so they can maintain control over it and you have to keep paying to use it. That is why people are tempted to go the eBay route.

5. ZPriusv5

ZPriusv5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The dealer could also make this change. This is listed in the owners manual p530 as a customizable feature which the dealer can change.

Item: Panoramic roof shades door lock linked automatic closing function (→P. 323)
    Function: Operates when the “POWER” switch is turned off and the doors are locked from inside or outside the vehicle using the wireless remote control, or are locked from outside the vehicle using the smart key system or mechanical key
    Default Setting: ON
    Customized Setting: OFF

Andy Caravanner likes this.
  6. Smoter

Smoter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I would love to be able to change this myself with Torque and my ELM OBD2 device.
    It would help keep the car interior warm on sunny winter days.

7. ZPriusv5

ZPriusv5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you lock the car with the lock/unlock button on the driver or passenger side door then the auto-close on the moonroof does not activate.

Andy Caravanner and Smoter like this.
  8. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So how can you program it to auto-close when the driver locks the car? A useful feature in rainy PNW.

9. ZPriusv5

ZPriusv5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I don't understand your question.

1) the roof is a moonroof - as in a fixed piece of see through resin in the case of a Prius v
    2) when locking the door with the key fob or the side door/trunk touch sensors (outside the car) the shade that covers the moonroof closes automatically
    3) when locking the door with he driver/passenger (inside the car) then the shade does not close automatically

#2 and #3 are the default behavior for the car. The dealer can disable #2 so that he shade never automatically closes.

Hope that helps

10. Smoter

Smoter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Do you mean the lock/unlock button on the armrest inside the cabin?
    When I lock using the button the exterior handle, it auto closes the sunroof.

UPDATE: Yes you do! :)
    Just tried locking the car from the interior whilst exiting and sure enough, the sunroof remained open.
    Thanks very much for this useful tip.

11. Niewmier

Niewmier New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi guys.

Thanks for the tip of using the inside door lock as you leave the vehicle to keep the moonroof uncovered.

I would still like to permanently disable the auto covering of the moonroof with the Torque app using the correct PID.
    Anyone know how we can go about obtaining that PID?

12. michigangator

michigangator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Is there any update to the original question: "Anyone disable the Auto Close Moonroof feature?" I thought I had read somewhere that the auto-close feature setting was changeable w/o the expensive Toyota software.

13. waldox

waldox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    you can disable it via techstream \ customize \ sliding roof \ set autoclose -> off