1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else driving their significant other crazy with mpg and car talk since getting you Prius C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Kirkuleez, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was glad I found this site because I think I'm driving my girlfriend crazy with all my mpg reports and car talk since getting my C Lol!! :rockon:

2. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Re: Anyone else driving their significant other crazy with mpg and car talk since getting you Prius

Haha my dad said I should make a video and write a book I talked so much and my GF already knows I love to talk and talk about everything. Im sorry but when I see 60+ MPG and how im trying to keep it all going is a miracle! An act of god I tell you!

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Anyone else driving their significant other crazy with mpg and car talk since getting you Prius

I drive my GF nuts. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Hahaha C-Pilot, I hear ya! I even found a guy on here from my hometown and we got together today and bonded over mpg's and car talk Lol!! He has the Habenero which looks pretty awesome ( looks very orange in person ). I called it " The Great Pumpkin " haha!

5. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Me to haha, now I purposely tell her my mpg's after every drive :)

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Make her listen to the podcast I just posted about. You'll be single in no time! :D

1 person likes this.
  7. luthyone

luthyone New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I'm driving my wife crazy too! She doesn't get why I'm so happy now. My old vehicle was a Tundra V8 that got 16 mpg. The last time I filled it up I spent $83. I topped off the 1/2 tank in the C for $20. Never going back!

8. wifemomhockeyfan

wifemomhockeyfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A

My husband and I were just discussing this last night. We are both equally obsessed with the MPG's but know that if one of us wasn't, we would drive the other nuts. We talk about, and take pictures of the MPG's all the time. It is just so addicting to try to get better and better gas mileage.

9. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

HAHAHA Finally, people who relate!

Speaking of pictures, does anybody notice it's hard to get clear photos of the TFT screen if you're not literally up close? (photos being taken w/ iphone 4)

anybody have tips?

10. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited

LOL, I wonder why this topic has never been raised here before.

My brother bought my 2009. Since then, we speak and email several times per week about mpgs and such. My wife is actually interested in mpg talk (I think; maybe she's just humoring me) and is generally amused by my eco driving habits (I drive like an old man now and coast a lot).

11. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I have a competition with a friend, and we take pics after every trip. They have a regular prius and I have the C, I went to a nearby grocery store (maybe 2-3 miles away only) and went no more than 35mph and pulse and glided as much as I could, got 94 mpg. It was amazing. Maybe all along those old fart drivers have had something up their sleeves to save gas money!

12. wifemomhockeyfan

wifemomhockeyfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A

Doesn't the iphone have a really good zoom? My camera phone stinks but with my zoom I seem to be getting pretty good pictures. I have to sturdy my wrist on the dash so it isn't shaky.

13. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just wanted to follow up... I have now converted my wife to absolutely loving the C, instead of our Camry being the bigger family car we are trading it in for a V lol.

My wife wants the C now!!! HAHAHA SUCCESS

14. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife's complained about me trying to drive her crazy for years, long before we had a Prius. My usual reply is "No. If I were trying, you'd be there by now." :p

1 person likes this.
  15. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

My wife calls it my "Go, Go, Gadget!" car.

She drives a company Xterra (they provide gas) that gets 18 MPG, and has no modern features my 1989 Corolla didn't have.

16. luthyone

luthyone New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

After talking to my wife about the fuel savings of the car over and over again she finally asked to use it when she goes out of town for business. Success! The awesomeness of the C is starting to erode her negative view of my purchase.

17. Hyder

Hyder New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Camera: It’s the back ground out of the windshield, which may usually be light. Autofocus looks for contrasting edges. So the dash hood edge is the focus point. You can touch the spot on the phone camera screen where the car screen shows up and the autofocus may refocus to sharpen the results. The best way is always to rest the phone on the dash so no other lights other that the screen is available for focusing.

MPG Bragging: For me it’s at my work briefing. 78.8 Today From 1400 FT MSL to 0 FT MSL 38.1 Miles

18. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I drive DH crazy by talking about PriusCHAT all the time.

19. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

I want to meet the couple where prius-talk has supplanted pillow-talk.

20. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I know better than to talk off my girls ear.
    But I did jump for joy for the first couple days, and now
    I just look out the window 50 times a day and say..

WOW, look at that beaut! It is banging!
    Even when I am holding my baby 10 month girl, I tell her,
    isnt it nice? It is soo cute! Maybe in 15 years you can be driving it!

I get a laugh...and then some.

Whenever anyone asks about it, I just start going on and have to stop
    myself from acting legally insane.
    I now just address the basics and the MPG

My girl is now the owner of my old 2010 Scion xB RS and she is loving it.
    But... give it a few more weeks and we are trading it in for a Prius V, third or
    possibly camry hybrid, but they are not around our neck of the woods for some reason.