1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else get random 'doors unlocked' 'check your back seat' messages?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Nntw, Sep 26, 2023.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited

You can download PDFs of Prius Prime Owners manuals for the USA and Canada(?) here. Although many internal links are broken, you can also use the search function in your favorite PDF reader to find relevant information. If you have a tablet, download the PDF for easier reading.

2. CeruleanBlue

CeruleanBlue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    FWIW I received the "check rear seat" on road trip this past weekend, and had back seat passengers going in and out. As far as I could tell, there was no problem. ATr least twice prior to the warnings the car acted strangely when locking from the outside with a audible alarm and flashing lasting a few seconds. Also had audio problewith the infotainment during the trip. I'm inclined to think it's nothing but software glitches.

3. Argyros

Argyros Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    This was covered elsewhere- you can turn off the rear seat reminder off in both the app and the multimedia display-

From member KMO:
    • The logic is activated if a rear door is opened and closed after starting the car, or if one had been opened and closed in the 10 minutes before starting.
    • Then when you stop the car you get a reminder on the screen. You can press OK at that point to prevent the next warning.
    • Then when you lock the car, if you didn't press OK, and a rear door wasn't opened (but not closed too fast!), it will beep and flash at you, as it thinks you've left something on the back seat.
    • This can be disabled on the multi-information display, and that's an option remembered in "My Settings".

Blizzard_Persona likes this.
  4. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    speaking for myself, I did that. which made the warnings even more perplexing.

5. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE

Good explanation and that makes total sense. I was wondering why the hell it kept beeping after I locked the car on more than a few occasions.

I do believe I did turn off the rear seat warning on the main screen, but every single time I get done a trip on the top left of the screen I do get the “check the backseat” warning. Is that a different setting or is that just always going to be there? I do like to see my post trip information on that screen with mpg’s etc and having to back out of the “check back seat” every time to get back to the post trip info is kinda annoying.

6. Argyros

Argyros Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Check Backseat warning is a setting on the Toyota app which you can turn off as well. I have turned both the app and the Multimedia off.

7. JessieD

JessieD New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Hey all

New 2023 Prius Prime owner... Does anyone know either where in the manual or where on the touch screen I can disable the auto-unlock when charging is complete? Reading some of these posts, it seems like my touch screen and app are paired down or something. Thank you!

8. JessieD

JessieD New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I think I meant this for another thread that linked to this one. Noob moment. Anyway can't figure out how to edit or delete comment so...