1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else have problems with Stiffening Plate order?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gilmores33, Sep 5, 2006.

1. gilmores33

gilmores33 New Member

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this. I ordered a BT Stiffening plate in mid-August. According to the site, my order has been processed and has been sent to the distrubutor for production and shipping. BT Tech says they've never received my order. No response from the accessory shop website or the people I was told to contact by BT Tech. Of course, the payment for the item was accepted quickly.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? I realize its only been a few weeks, but I feel uncomfortable in getting no response on my questions. I have nohistory with this shop and assume they run a legitimate business. Plus, I'd very much like to get the plate installed after hearing all of the positive reviews on the item.

Any thoughts/feedback/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    KC

2. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just bought one this morning through the website, no problems. I even called the people at BT and talked to Brian - at least there are live people at the other end! :D Why don't you give them a call and find out what's going on with your order.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I also ordered a stiffening brace nearly a month ago; have heard nothing since.

I suspect there's some issue with their payment form; there is, I believe, some notation about being sure to keep clicking through 'till the process is complete...which I thought I did...but, as you've discovered, the order is somehow not received.

Yes, lots of glowing reviews of the brace on this site. But google 'bt brace+prius" and you'll find some elsewhere which are slightly less so, too...nothing bad, but more like, "didn't make it worse, didn't make it much better, just different somehow..."

Speaking only for myself, the initial rush of 'I HAVE to get this part!' has now been tempered somewhat by the passage of time.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I haven't ordered one, but I've seen posts from time to time where they say that the next ones are ready to ship. It's possible that they ran out and got the next batch recently.

Remember, Patience and Prius both start with "P." :) Heck, I ordered a NAV kit from Coastal in April '05 and didn't get it until January '06. I doubt that the BT will take too long.

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'd suggest you email [email protected] or PM Danny about the on-line ordering from the PC site. <div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE</div><div class=\'quotemain\'>According to the site, my order has been processed and has been sent to the distrubutor for production and shipping. BT Tech says they've never received my order. [/b][/quote] Danny takes the orders, or rather the site does. If the order has been accepted and so has your payment, as you say, Danny is responsible. And he's a responsible guy, starting and running PriusChat. Sometimes, like when the site was captured a while ago, things can go wrong. The order may have been lost when the site was down. He can find out and fix the problem, particularly if you have already been charged.

If Brian at BT Tech hasn't received your order from PriusChat/Danny, he can't and shouldn't ship you a plate. Brian is VERY responsible, and responsive, and will ship the plate or contact you if the manufacturing plant hasn't shipped the product to him. It's his design and product which he has professionally computer-carved out of aircraft-grade aluminum and then professionally annodized.

Hang in there. I'm sure the problem can be solved. And the BT Tech Stiffening Plate makes a really noticable difference, according to the seat of my pants.

6. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello gimores33 and thank you for your post.

This is how it works: The customer "you" in this case places an order on the PC online store. Once your order is processed Danny accumulates a number of these orders and then sends them to us so we can process them and ship the BT stiffening plates out.

Danny has been involved with a lot lately so hang in there as I can assure you that you will be taken care of. If you would like, contact us at the number listed below and I can see if we received your order from the PC store. If we have your order and it was shipped I would be more than happy to provide you with a UPS tracking number for your stiffening plate.

Thanks again and hang in there!! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gilmores33 @ Sep 5 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]314575[/snapback]</div>

7. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Sep 6 2006, 02:55 AM) [snapback]315051[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered my BT plate in mid-July, and early last week I got a note that it was shipped, with a tracking number. It arrived Friday. So a total of 6 weeks for me.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey guys - sorry you've had trouble with your order. Please PM me your names and I'll take a look into your order ASAP.

9. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ordered decals from the accessories site in July. Nothing yet after numerous follow-up emails. Other posters ordered decals in August and got them within a week. A poster on another thread has been waiting three months for items ordered. Appears to be a haphazardly-run accessories site with orders being processed whenever the seller feels like it, and perhaps the delay in processing is causing orders to be lost.

10. gilmores33

gilmores33 New Member

Agree that it appears haphazardly run. I've already contacted Danny numerous times but have not received a response. Hopefully, my last attempt today will be enough to get that response. It's great that we have this accessory shop with wonderful products. Hopefully things get better.

Brian at BT Tech - thanks for the reply. I had contacted you through PM and you told me last week to contact Danny, which I did. If there's any additional way for you to check on my order, please PM me and I'll provide you my info again. You probably still have it from last week.

Thanks.
    KC

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gilmores33 @ Sep 5 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]314575[/snapback]</div>
    KC - your order was indeed sent out on the 18th to BT Tech, and I've provided your information back to them to see about some tracking information. Hopefully I'll have some information for you soon. Brian and I have had problems in the past with emails disappearing into cyberspace, but hopefully that is not the problem here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Sep 5 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]314728[/snapback]</div>
    Pinto Girl - you're right, you did process a payment to PayPal, but the order was never completed in the PriusChat Shop software. I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, if you don't click all the way through PayPal back to the PriusChat Shop until you receive an order confirmation number from the PC Shop itself (NOT PayPal), your order did not make it into the Shop software and that does cause delays with orders. I've sent an email to you to confirm your order contents, and after I receive confirmation I'll get your order out ASAP.

I apologize for those who have issues with the shop - 99% of the orders process through just fine and are usually turned around within 1-2 business days. Lately things have been busy with the site hack and a large project that I'm working on (part of which will improve the site's Shop), but it is my fault for being behind on emails, so I apologize.

12. esskay

esskay Junior Member

I ordered a plate via PriusChat in mid July. I sent several emails over the following 5 or so weeks to the PriusChat Shop email address asking for follow up on status, and never received any response (even to this day). Eventually in late August I got fed up and just called BT Tech directly. Betsy at BT sorted things out within a day or two and I had the plate in hand shortly thereafter...wish I had called earlier rather than waiting on the emails to PC shop. Nothing personal intended to Danny as I see his mea culpa above, but quite frankly I must admit it was a frustrating experience on the PC shop side. On the other hand, I was quite pleased with BT's handling of my order once I got in touch directly.