1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else having trouble with the USB/Ipod/Entunes connection?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Scott1258, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Scott1258

Scott1258 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2012 Prius IV with the solar package and I love it, but when I connect the USB cord from the (hidden) usb connection to my iphone, it automatically reverts to the bluetooth connection.

I managed to get the Entunes to work for a little bit today, but now it won't connect at all. It has to do with the usb connection. I've only had the car a week- sometimes the ipod will work for a few minutes but then it switches to bluetooth. And Entunes is apparently only supposed to connect through the usb, not bluetooth.

Any ideas???

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have not figured out the system yet. Sometimes Entune will connect to my Android phone and other times it won't until I cycle the Bluetooth off and on a few times or reboot the phone. I always have a USB flash drive plugged into the USB slot so I have never tried plugging my phone I to that slot to see if Entune connects more readily.

It is rather frustrating now being able to get Entune to connect quickly despite Bluetooth being connected.

3. pwlcheng

pwlcheng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    1) Connected using the USB cable but Entunes app is NOT running on the iPhone -- music from your iPhone will start playing once the USB connection is made but will not have Internet Access.

2) Connected using the USB cable WITH Entunes app running on the iPhone -- a message will display asking if you would like to use your iphone to connect to the Internet......

This is how it behave with my 2012 Prius III with solar panel and iPhone 3GS.

4. JHill1986

JHill1986 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When using the USB. Make sure it is a factory apple cable aftermarket cables are known to be causing connection issues