1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else here from Ontario Canada with a Prime? Question about Rebate..

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by cdnbrit, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Canby

Canby Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Though the incentives are over as in dead, gone there is a reality and it is the fact that chargers/charging units are needed. Owning a house and installing a charger is relatively inexpensive but living in a condo is totally different. It's a simple question cost vs benefit. In a condo you have to get permission from the board, sign an agreement for costs and getting the unit registered to title, it's called an article 98 according to the Condo Act, then pay an electrician to run a line from the circuit breaker box, plus agree to the price you'll pay for electricity as you're piggybacking on the condo building system. That will set you back 4-5K. No, you can't get a separate connection via the hydro company. Now if you figure a car of this sort will last many years it can be cost effective. So paying for a charger is inexpensive compared to getting one installed in a condo.
    Note: if this is the wrong thread I can start another post if that would be helpful.

2. Prashanta

Prashanta Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Ontario applies the rebate on the after-tax price of the vehicle. So for a 35k msrp Prime, expect to pay $35k*1.13-$5k.

The formula is NOT (35-5)*1.13.
    Another way to state the correct formula is:
    (35-4.35)*1.13

See if that's the point of confusion.

3. hpauly

hpauly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Just picked up our Blizzard Pearl Prime upgrade on Thursday July 26th.
    Dealer was not aware that the MTO rebate was still in effect for any car in inventory
    Lucky for me a customer cancelled their order due to this misinformation and I managed to get the car.
    The rebate was applied after taxes so it was a full $5K and the dealer did all the paperwork and took the price off the car.
    I have seen various dealer sites where they would apply the rebate before taxes and use a lower number around 4400.
    So far its been 5 days and 300km and still no gas used.
    When I charge the car now at home it says 44.8km range, I hope this keeps going up

Tideland Prius likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A