1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone get their Toyota Settlement Check?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cyberpriusII, Mar 23, 2014.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    eyes wide open.(y)

2. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If I get one I am sending it back.

3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    OMG, I was going go through all of the Gen II papers and receipts tonight for all the records I had been keeping. Guess what, found the letter and the nice card so I guess we did register for it after all. That's great as it will make a dent in the first car payment due on the 27th of this month on the new Gen III.

Had fun with the new one today. Already got a little over a 100 miles on it now. Computer says 52.9 MPG and that was just driving it like a regular car and not babying it either. I also found I prefer Eco Mode over Normal Mode. Power Mode would be great for those who like to stomp it to the floor. I only used EV Mode once at that was to move it around on the driveway to keep the ICE from firing up. I am interested to see what kind of MPG this car will produce once it is broke in and I start to hyper mile it. Running the 17" Michelin Primacy's on it with 36 lbs. of air in all four tires. Rides real nice, but the Energy Saver A/S on the Gen II was a little quieter on the highway.

I have to tip my hat to Kris the OP in this thread. I had totally forgotten about the lawsuit until she brought it up. And I also understand and respect everyone's feeling concerning lawsuits. I have been on both sides of the table in that "arena".

Ron (dorunron)

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Oh no. I liked you. (you notice it's past tense :) )

only kidding.

5. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sales of Toyotas actually went up over here in 2010! No publicity is bad publicity it would seem. Lately the trade in value of my Prius has increased £1,000 over the last 12 months.

How does that work? Do I now have to pay Toyota compensation for increase of value? Jeeze ain't life great :censored:

6. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Speaking of the Prius holding value. I will have to attest to that fact. We actually got $11,500 trade in value on a 2009 Gen II Prius that had the Package 2 on it. The odometer read 79K when we gave it to them.

Any other car I have traded in on other deals that were like five years or older with close to 100K or a little over never gave more than about $500 to $2000 at the most. So it is really true that the Toyota Prius does hold it's value well. Yes, it does depreciate over time, but unless you drive it into the ground you might be surprised what you can actually get out of a fairly used, but not abused Prius.

Ron (dorunron)

Traded this one.

584 MM.JPG

For this one.

DSC01548.JPG

GrumpyCabbie likes this.
  7. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Kris,

I was going to PM you with a conversation, but your settings won't let me.

No traitor actually, still a BIG Prius fan. Just moving on to bigger and better things.

The Albatross in the center is not too bad, just different and can get in the way if you let it. I do like the interior lighting a lot better than the Gen II. Very nice LED's throughout the floor and overhead shining down on the center console.

If now is not the time for you, wait a couple of years for the Gen IV. I think you might be surprised from what I have seen so far. Maybe it will be like the V of today, no center albatross but with good seats in it.

Oh, the seats in the Gen III are a lot more comfortable than our Gen II was.

Back to Topic!

Ron (dorunron)

8. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Gen 3 didn't come with a center albatross! :eek:

I'm going to sue Toyota for diminished value. :D

SCH-I535

cyberpriusII, PriusGuy32 and dorunron like this.
  9. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Sorry, sometimes I am an airhead :whistle: ! I've been especially "spaced" this past week. Which is all a long way around of saying I went into my settings and I THINK I changed it so any members can send me a private rant (unless they are lawyers). :confused:

dorunron likes this.
  10. Badger2

Badger2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry for the loss. Us Badgers feel your pain after our defeat in the Kentucky game. Still like our Prius, though!