1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone go from a v to a Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by LuigisMansion, Aug 9, 2018.

1. LuigisMansion

LuigisMansion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anyone?

My 2014 v is getting a little long in the tooth and curious if anyone went from a v to a prime?

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I traded a 2013 V 5 last year for a Prime Advanced.
    The Prime is better in every way except interior room but you know that. The V was much easier for ingress/egress; if that is important for you. My wife and I are over 60 and deal with the Prime just fine.
    The ride, handling, and fuel economy are vastly superior. I love all of the safety features the Advanced includes.

The only thing I really hate about the Prime is the navigation and poor voice recognition. I have Android Auto in my other car. It makes Entune look primitive. I drove from Tampa to Philly last week. I had to use a cell phone on a magnetic mount beside the Toyota nav system. When using Google maps and the Toyota nav side-by-side, you realize how bad the Toyota system is. The Toyota nav misses most of the traffic problems and just routes you into them.

I thought about trading the V for a small SUV but couldn't accept the below 30 MPG.

4. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a 2012 v advanced. I was going to sell it when ordering my Prime, but the wife said we should keep it and she would move out her 2001 Xterra into the v. She loves the v now and I love my Prime.

bwilson4web likes this.