1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone gotten an engine from Hybrid 911?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bootsncats24, Dec 31, 2019.

1. bootsncats24

bootsncats24 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Need to get my engine replaced on my Prius got a quote from Hybrid 911 for rebuilt motor installed for 2700. Just curious if anyone has gotten their engine replaced at Hybrid 911 and hows its working out? I've tried searching the forums but the only one I've found is for a second gen and that was right after the install. Hoping I can find someone whose put a rebuilt motor from Hybrid 911 with some miles on it.

Granted its the holidays and I've only been able to get 3 quotes however Hybrid 911 quote seems a little bit to good to be true. The other quotes I've gotten has been for used motors 2800 for less than 50k and 4k for a used motor thats been resealed. I would have put a used motor in than one that hasn't been rebuilt properly.

2. scona

scona Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I would be happier with a low mileage used motor myself. Rebuilt engines vary and sometimes result in partial
    improvement. For instance good compression but use oil. Getting a used engine and cleaning the egr system
    from top to bottom before installing it would be my choice. Of course, there is still a chance that this engine might
    use oil also, unfortunately. The only guaranteed perfect result would be a new engine, which I am sure is not on the
    table.

Raytheeagle likes this.