1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone had issues with parking sensors knocked out?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by benlovesgoddess, Oct 15, 2016.

1. benlovesgoddess

benlovesgoddess Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello again!
    Recently I have had a fault with my parking sensors, thought I'd ask here before contacting the dealer. A few months ago I had a message saying clean sensors, just as I passed a jet wash. Though the sensors didn't seem obscured, I washed them and it was fine.
    A few days ago, same message. I stopped and cleaned light dirt off all, didn't sort it. The screen usually displaying hybrid functions is then just full of the check sensors message.
    At work I cleaned all sensors thoroughly with water and tissue.
    Still not fixed.
    I washed the car completely, paying extra attention to all sensors. Still knocked out.
    Over the last few days they have mainly been off, occasionally after turning a corner (loose connection?) they come back okay.
    Or just starting up they may be working okay, or towards the end of a journey they start working again.
    It's a pain losing the hybrid monitor, it's distracting the beeping and flashing as each time the sensors fail a message appears.
    Anything I can do myself, or should I call my local Toyota dealers?

2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right, it could be a loose connection. I've no idea, but the dealer maybe the best option for you if no one else comes up with a pearl of wisdom. Good luck.

#2 RCO, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  3. glennonrp

glennonrp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Are you too far from a dealer? It has to be under warranty, still. Don't waste your time. Let them fix it for you.

RCO likes this.
  4. alexgrigori

alexgrigori Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Please keep us posted!

5. benlovesgoddess

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks - the dealer is less than 10 miles away, but it makes me late for work if I have to drop by. As soon as the fault occurs again I'll call them (haven't used her today, the sensors started working again late yesterday).

6. benlovesgoddess

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Update - nothing found. I was pointed to the windscreen radar sensor (which I hadn't even considered), if this had been smeared it could have caused the fault apparently. Anyway, another Aygo for the day. They are fun and well loaded for such tiny cars.