1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone happy with the deal made on the TCH? Honesty, PLEASE as I'm considering an XLE

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by jlflick, Mar 21, 2012.

1. jlflick

jlflick New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm wanting to purchase a XLE before gas prices add a premium to the sticker. Would anyone care to share their discount off the sticker?

I see Yahoo autos has a pretty good indicator of price paid showing a range of expected discount which is a bit more informative than Edmunds .

To keep apples to apples, what was STICKER and what was PRICE before TTL, fees, trade etc? Too many differences from state to state which makes 'out the door' not a good way to get an idea of how much was actually discounted.

I'm looking at purchasing TCH XLE with simply mats and the CQ package. No extra tech, sunroof or leather, it's a work car to replace my '08 Corolla LE w/110K on it. The XLE is a well-optioned base to work with. I only want the CQ for the backup camera, I have it in my '11 Outback and didn't realize how easy it made parallel parking.

Thanks for the help.

2. FullAuto

FullAuto New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a hybrid LE yesterday. MSRP is $27,349. Invoice is $25,820. I paid $26,001 + $199 document fee = $26,200 OTD. No trade. I just walked in and bought it.

The hybrids are a little hard to get in my state as we aren't "green" people so there aren't too many around. All the XLEs were pretty loaded and I didn't want to pay extra for all the creature comforts for my wife's car. The available XLEs would have cost me about $5-6k more. For that money, I'd have bought an Acura TSX w/ tech.

3. habu968

habu968 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have spoken to a couple of dealers, and some are going sticker with no discounts, one was selling at near invoice. You have to shop around, as right now inventory is not real high on these cars.

4. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    A few days ago I bought a 2012 XLE with MSRP of $34011. I paid $31000 OTD of course that was before TTL.

This is my third Hybrid, I had a 2007 Prius and a 2010 Prius IV. These have been the only cars that I ever had that actually got the mileage that was claimed. I hope the Camry XLE lives up to that also.

5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My friend is considering trading in his 2005 for the hybrid. After looking at some LE and XLE on the lot< I have a question. Does the LE without a screen have a way of displaying the HSD energy screen? Is there a way of telling if you are in a glide without it beyond 'feeling' it?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there is a small lcd screen on our 08 you can scroll thru which has a visual of battery charge amount, engine and wheel. it is very difficult to get a true glide tho (probably like the gen III prius) so, it's almost useless. there is also an analog needle on ours showing current mpg and electric only.

7. ralleia

ralleia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Wow--you are a terrific negotiator!

We bought a 2012 XLE yesterday with a MSRP of ~$34,200. We ended up getting $657 off the sticker price. We probably could have done better if we could have drawn out the process over several days, but were in the position of being short one vehicle in the middle of a busy week and we had to close on a car.

Our starting position was too high--we should have opened at over $2,000 under sticker. But this was the only HyCam on the lot (and the only one in town), and we wanted to finish.

Every dealership will tell you that they don't negotiate on the sticker price of the hybrids, but I think that's a flat-out lie.

If they can discourage you from negotiating, then it's more profit in their pockets.

8. MapOfTazifosho

MapOfTazifosho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can see the no negotiating with gas prices and demand for hybrids where it's at. Thankfully I got mine when gas was $3.20 per gallon. :D

9. jeremyp969

jeremyp969 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't really understand why people are paying so much for these cars unless it's just a regional thing. I went two weeks ago got a 2012 TCH XLE fully loaded(Convienience Package, HDD NAV with JBL, Leather, Moon Roof, Safety) for $33,055 out the door which was $30,805 sale price according to the dealer. That was well under invoice and it did take some bargaining over e-mail before going there, but it was easy.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what do you mean 'according to the dealer'? is the bill that complicated that you can't figure it out yourself?

11. jeremyp969

jeremyp969 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Because I only bargained in out the door prices and I didn't try to reverse engineer it myself to get the base price. I imagine you're right though that I could have gotten it from the paperwork.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    of course, you want to know the bottom line. but nderstanding the whole deal is important. i'm sure you got a good deal, but there are a lot of shady dealers out there praying on the innocent and trusting. all the best with your new hycam, it's a great car!